Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2022-01-29 01:18:16

hiyasynthgirl
No avatar found
Files: 45
PM

An old story of an accidental discovery (CW: diary of teenage me)

Most or all of my cardiophile experiences to this date (depending on how you define "experience") have been solo affairs. This is the story of one of the best.

I discovered my interest when I was 12. At age 13, I went on a school trip to a youth camp that had among its amenities a hot tub and an unheated pool within steps of each other. The other girls in my class were doing what they called the Polar Plunge -- sitting in the hot tub and then jumping right into the pool. Being the little science nerd that I was at the time, I decided to do the same thing but more systematically. I stayed in the hot tub until I got used to the temperature, then got out and jumped into the pool and stayed in for at least two minutes, spending as much of that time submerged as possible; then got back into the hot tub. Here's a write-up of the experience from my old journal, written about eight months afterward.

"It feels weird in the best way possible and good in the weirdest way possible. Let me walk you through it.
"So you get into the hot tub, and if you're there on a cool day, it will feel incredibly hot, burning hot. But after a while your body 'warms to the occasion' (pun intended) and the heat is relaxing rather than painful.
"And that's when you have to get out and hop into the pool. Which is really stinkin' cold.
"As soon as you get in, it's pretty easy for you to hold your breath, and once your head is above the surface, the first thing you notice is how hard it is to breathe. And then the cold hits you. It takes a tremendous amount of willpower to stay in for the whole two minutes. At about 20 to 30 seconds, you feel this weird cramping sensation in your chest [editor's note: I should have been more concerned about this]-- that's about when the cooled blood from your extremities gets to your heart. It spreads out as the cold blood is sent through your lungs and then subsides a bit as everything adjusts. But be careful -- at about this point, your muscles start to seize up and it becomes harder to move. Things are sluggish and tiring for the rest of that [sic] two minutes.
"After that, it's back to the hot tub -- and the first thing you notice is how stinkin' hot it is. It's really steamy and considerably easier to breathe, but before it stops being painfully hot and becomes relaxing, the hot blood gets back from your extremities to the middle of your still-pretty-cold body and you feel your heart as this hot, pulsating ball in your ribcage..." then 14-year-old me waxes rhapsodic about how exhilarating an experience it was to me as a cardiophile 14-year-old.

I told this story to my classmates in 10th grade biology and junior year anatomy, both to slightly weirded-out or concerned reactions.

Last edited by hiyasynthgirl (2022-02-06 11:20:31)

I'm not a real doctor, but I am a real nerd, I am an actual nerd

#2 2022-01-29 16:23:00

miguel004
Files: 57
PM Website

Re: An old story of an accidental discovery (CW: diary of teenage me)

great story and you were not afraid to feel that feeling

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

#4 2022-01-30 18:17:18

thewyrdguy
Files: 42
PM Website

I told this story to my classmates in 10th grade biology and junior year anatomy, both to slightly weirded-out or concerned reactions.

That was rather brave of teenage you!

And a good story too! :heart:

#5 2022-02-06 11:16:55

hiyasynthgirl
No avatar found
Files: 45
PM

I should probably mention that I didn't tell the story in class in full purple-prose detail like in my journal; I just gave the basics of the method and the results.

Last edited by hiyasynthgirl (2022-02-06 11:17:17)

I'm not a real doctor, but I am a real nerd, I am an actual nerd

Board footer