Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#21 2017-05-03 16:31:23

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

Re: Site changelog

Another tiny change, but one that was long overdue. Site now has a favicon, a tiny red heart chat bubble thing. If you bookmark this site and add it to your homescreen it should also have a proper icon. On Android it's just the heart with a slight drop shadow, on iOS it's the heart on a white background, on Windows it's a white outline of the heart on a red background, and on Safari on macOS it does things. I forget what, but it's something alright.

Also I'd like to take this moment to point out that I am *not* a graphic designer. This logo and favicon were made in Blender. If you can make a better logo please do.

#22 2017-05-03 18:16:24

shyboy1123
Files: 0
PM

ChiraBeats wrote:

Another tiny change, but one that was long overdue. Site now has a favicon, a tiny red heart chat bubble thing. If you bookmark this site and add it to your homescreen it should also have a proper icon. On Android it's just the heart with a slight drop shadow, on iOS it's the heart on a white background, on Windows it's a white outline of the heart on a red background, and on Safari on macOS it does things. I forget what, but it's something alright.

Also I'd like to take this moment to point out that I am *not* a graphic designer. This logo and favicon were made in Blender. If you can make a better logo please do.

Feel free to add to your posting and delete mine, but the favicon did not show up in Chrome untill I deleted the bookmark and readded this page to bookmarks.

#23 2017-05-03 18:22:28

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

shyboy1123 wrote:
ChiraBeats wrote:

Feel free to add to your posting and delete mine, but the favicon did not show up in Chrome untill I deleted the bookmark and readded this page to bookmarks.

Right, I should have mentioned that. A lot of sites cache that sort of thing and never look again, and that goes double for bookmarks. You're spot on there, you're going to need to re-create any bookmarks you might have for the new icon to show up properly.

#24 2017-05-04 03:56:56

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Updated the site style, the sidebar is no longer hidden on devices with smaller screens, it's just stuffed at the bottom of the site. This doesn't work on the dark theme. I lost a file I was using to keep the light and dark themes neat and tidy so I'm going to be redoing the dark theme entirely tomorrow. Shouldn't take as long the second time around since I have the current dark theme to work off of, and I can finally fix up a few of the rough patches the dark theme still has.

On the topic of themes, when the sidebar is moved to the bottom part of the footer is removed. It just contained a quick jump and a powered by FluxBB stamp.

Debug mode has been turned off, so the debug info at the bottom of every page is gone now.

#25 2017-05-09 13:55:05

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

PM page is now mobile friendly.

Fixed a bug where PM topics that spanned multiple pages wouldn't let you immediately skip to the latest page by clicking on the timestamp.

Last edited by ChiraBeats (2017-05-09 14:16:14)

#26 2017-05-09 18:36:36

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Added little badges for when people are streaming or in the chat:

recicon.png chaticon.png

qkvGDrt.png

This applies to the sidebar and also to their avatars in posts and in their profiles. They're a lot more visible than colored borders and their meaning is much clearer as well. Before it was like blue border = chatting, green = streaming, both = red. That's not really intuitive and it's not very attractive. These aren't terribly attractive either, but I feel like it's a step in the right direction.

Once again, if you can make better icons please for the love of all that is holy do it. I made these in a few minutes in a 3D modeling program that was not designed to do the horrible things I'm doing in it.

#27 2017-05-13 06:16:53

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Fixed another handful of bugs, bringing just a tiny bit more polish to the site experience hopefully.

• Streaming is now truly and completely case-insensitive. This should fix an issue where users couldn't stop showing up as streaming once they started, if they used different capitalization on their name than is displayed everywhere.

• Listeners should be properly removed from the listeners list once they stop listening.

• The listeners list should properly show up if you start streaming now.

• Fixed a bug where PM topics that were only *almost* 2 pages long would show up as being 2 pages long.

• Added a suggested feature where separate lines that are highlighted get automatically list-ified when hitting the list button.

• Added a suggested feature where trying to leave a page with a half-typed post will give you a warning first.

• Gave video quality a little bump.

#28 2017-05-15 03:45:11

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

ChiraBeats wrote:
  • Listeners should be properly removed from the listeners list once they stop listening.

This again.

But I mean it this time.

#29 2017-05-15 07:54:58

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

The dark theme has been redone and has been named czarnobyl. I made a few tools that should let me maintain the two themes side by side much easier. Let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions.

Also regarding themes:

• The listen page now obeys the theme you have set.

• Avatars in profiles and posts now have slightly rounded corners.

• Thumbnails in the file gallery have slightly rounded corners.

• The dark theme logo now has appropriately colored text.

#30 2017-05-15 07:56:24

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

ChiraBeats wrote:

Streaming is now truly and completely case-insensitive. This should fix an issue where users couldn't stop showing up as streaming once they started, if they used different capitalization on their name than is displayed everywhere.

One more thing for tonight, please ignore this, I changed it all back and made everything streaming-related case-sensitive instead. If you're streaming using third party software you'll need to use your username exactly, including capitalization.

Last edited by ChiraBeats (2017-05-15 07:56:39)

#31 2017-05-17 23:53:04

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Links posted in the chat are now clickable.
Text smilies like :) :D :P :| are now replaced with images.

#32 2017-05-18 03:33:11

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

User streaming status should update in the chat much faster now.

#33 2017-05-18 21:28:26

HeartLover1990
Banned
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

yeah, the stream has been slow lately.

#34 2017-06-08 04:06:08

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Totally changed how streaming status is communicated on the backend. In particular, people who stop streaming will always lose their streaming status and listeners should be updated much more quickly. Let me know if anything's misbehaving.

#35 2017-08-08 07:17:20

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Haha how about that I'm not dead after all.

Made some stylistic changes mostly.

• Usernames now sit up a bit higher, sits on the same level as the post date and number.

• Speaking of, post dates and numbers are now a bit larger, to make it easier to hit on mobile.

• Empty blue user info section is removed on comments page on mobile.

• Made it clear that the last sentence on the rules page is clickable. (Thanks, BeatsAreGifts!)

• Swapped out A-Ads for the standard Google Adsense. I recommend visiting this page to make sure you know what's going on.

• Lurking behind the ads is a brand new page explaining why we have ads. You can find it here.

• There's also a donation link lurking back there, too. You can find that here.

• Also profile's have been fixed up to be a lot more tolerant of wordy people. No more words running out of boxes. I feel like I might have said that a time or two already. :P

#36 2017-08-26 16:27:26

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Increased the amount of storage we have, you guys are uploading way more files than I was expecting. Nice work!

#37 2017-09-17 23:34:30

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Two new search types up top, <3'd posts and <3'd files to go back and find your favorite stuff easily.

#38 2017-11-13 04:51:44

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

You probably noticed but I made a few incredibly small changes to the theme to hopefully draw attention to important areas, will continue my efforts into making the themes more consistent with themselves.

Fixed a bug with newly uploaded files and <3s not displaying properly on the file viewing page.

Improved error logging in the file serving parts of the system.

Speaking of, I'm looking into a better name for "<3s" if anyone has some suggestions. Was kind of attached to the heart theme of it but "<3ing" a file is hard to type out on a phone and "hearting" just doesn't look right.

Last edited by ChiraBeats (2017-11-13 05:30:41)

#39 2017-11-18 16:52:33

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Few more quick touch ups:

• The progress bar now smoothly slides forward instead of instantly jumping.

• The progress bar now properly resets when an error happens.

• A specific error message is given for the case of no tags being provided.

• A style bug was fixed in profiles.

• Fixed a bug where the profiles page wasn't correctly showing whether or not a user was in the chat.

EDIT: 2 more

fixed a bug that turned the page to manage your own files blank.
modified the welcome PM and the logged-out home page slightly.

Last edited by ChiraBeats (2017-11-18 18:37:59)

#40 2017-11-20 02:24:46

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Made the custom search links up top blue to match the page links. Blue generally seems to represent permanent "location"-type actions so it seems appropriate. Now I'm trying to debate whether or not to make the post actions in the bottom right be purple or not. Would that look basically horrible?

Board footer