Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-05-19 18:50:30

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Why is skippy peanut butter objectively the best peanut butter?

Like here I am

being a broke college student like always

and I'm trying to buy some peanut butter keeping in mind that I am a broke college student.

And I look around and I see all these budget peanut butters. And they all taste like garbage unless you put them on a sandwich or in something else. And then you get skippy and you look at it and there's like 3 and a half ingredients. Is it that hard to figure out how much and how they put them together and make amazing peanut butter for less than Skippy is extorting people?

Idk have you guys found any non-skippy peanut butters that are tasty? What about JIF or that Peter Pan? Those seem fairly name-brandy but are they as good as Skippy?

#2 2017-05-20 12:52:23

HBrhody
No avatar found
Files: 5
PM

Re: Why is skippy peanut butter objectively the best peanut butter?

The Teddie unsalted peanut butter is my peanut butter of choice. Seeing that your broke, and seeing that Teddie is not the cheap brand, you would have a problem to solve.

#3 2017-05-20 16:35:49

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Well I've kind of given up on cutting peanut butter costs down, no reason I can't give them a try.

#4 2017-05-20 21:22:04

orang_utan_dean
Files: 1
PM

It's really simple to make your own with a food processor.

Put 2 cups of raw, unsalted, shelled peanuts onto a baking sheet with raised edges and roast them in a 350 degree oven for around 5 minutes, until they start to turn golden and smell nutty, then leave to cool.  You'll need to keep an eye on them as they burn real easy.

To make crunchy peanut butter, take around half a cup of the roasted nuts and pulse in the processor a few times until they are chopped to the size you want, then set aside.  Put the rest into the processor and set it going.  You'll need to leave it a while whilst the peanuts go through the stages of turning from nuts, to powder, to paste, then finally to peanut butter.  You'll want to stop it once or twice to scrape the sides down too.

At this point you can personalise it to suit your own taste...if it's a bit too thick for your liking, set the processor going again and add a little vegetable or peanut oil a teaspoon at a time until it's the thickness you want.  If you like it a little more savory, add a little salt (around a quarter teaspoon at a time).  If you like it sweeter, add a little maple syrup or honey (something liquid though as adding sugar makes it go kinda gritty).  Once you've got it tasting the way you want, stir in the reserved chopped peanuts (if using) for crunchy peanut butter.

Place in a food container with a tight fitting lid & it will keep in the fridge for up to a month (if it lasts that long!!).  It may separate a little during that time, but that's completely normal...just give it a quick stir if it does!

#5 2017-05-23 17:09:12

shyboy1123
Files: 0
PM

Jif is good. My favorite is that all natural Skippy. The natural Jif is good too. My mother swears by Peter Pan.

Honestly, I just buy whatever is on sale between the two.

Board footer