Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-06-18 13:25:51

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Unheard lyrics

You ever listen to a song a thousand times and then the 1001st time you end up actually hearing the lyrics of the song and it's totally different from what you expected? Had that happen twice to me or people near me recently.

At work they play this 80s radio station, and one of the songs that comes up pretty often is Lola by the aptly named Kinks. I was at work one day doing whatever it is I do at work and I hear this one line of lyrics that's something along the lines of "I'm not the world's most masculine guy, but I know what I am and I know I'm a man and so is Lola" and it was so unexpected I burst out laughing in the middle of the store. All this time I thought it was some generic "guy meets girl while on vacation the end" song but no that's not it at all.

The other time didn't happen to me, but it's a much more recent song. Whenever, Wherever by Shakira. One of the lines of the lyrics is apparently "I'm happy that my breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains" which is so awkwardly phrased that you think it has to be a translation error or something and that it'll make more sense in the Spanish version or something but no it's just as weird there.

#2 2017-06-18 15:33:04

paperpenguin
Files: 3
PM

Re: Unheard lyrics

Diff wrote:

One of the lines of the lyrics is apparently "I'm happy that my breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains" which is so awkwardly phrased that you think it has to be a translation error or something and that it'll make more sense in the Spanish version or something but no it's just as weird there.

I consider English Shakira's 1+nth language, where n increases by 1 every time she tries speaking it.

Edit: Oh no you don't, Nelly Furtado, I see you trying to sneak off, get back here.

Last edited by paperpenguin (2017-06-18 15:33:59)

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those rap guys' girlfriends.

Board footer