Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-02-17 09:29:54

T145
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Site Suggestion Thread

Given that this site is indeed in its infancy, it may be worth having a main thread through which all suggestions may go, so as to not have a thousand scattered threads in future, when more people join the site, and therefore have their own suggestions.

#2 2017-02-17 09:35:14

T145
No avatar found
PM

Re: Site Suggestion Thread

1. Better editor (typing extended lists is a bit bothersome :P)

2. Alert user that changes may not be saved when navigating to other tabs within the user account page, if something has been changed, but the user has not pressed submit.

3. Filter/Sort/Search files by user/file/category/etc

4. Be able to 'bookmark' files to be able to return to them when logged in on the account later

Last edited by T145 (2017-02-17 09:36:37)

#3 2017-02-17 09:56:07

emofreako
Files: 20
PM Website

+1 for editor. Just some buttons to quickly insert BBcode for things like bolded text and img would be really helpful

It's not a fashion statement, it's a deathwish.

#4 2017-02-17 13:21:00

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

Editor is on the to-do list now.

Alerting the user about unsaved posts is on the to-do list.

Sorting files by user/tags is already sort of added. Hit search at the top, restrict your search to just the files section, and you can search whatever tags you like. You can find just one user's files by restricting the search to files and typing their name in "Author", but this also brings up any comments they've made. This isn't final and a better dedicated file searcher will be made in the future.

Bookmarking files... I could show you a list of posts and files that you've <3ed. Would that work?

#5 2017-02-17 17:27:21

anthony03521
Files: 2
PM

Being able to upload wma files would be great too, I tried to uploada one and supposedly the format wasn't accepted

#6 2017-02-17 17:49:26

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Didn't realize .wma was still a thing. At a glance it seems like the site can support it, so I've whitelisted it.

#7 2017-02-18 12:43:34

T145
No avatar found
PM

ChiraBeats wrote:

Editor is on the to-do list now.

Alerting the user about unsaved posts is on the to-do list.

Sorting files by user/tags is already sort of added. Hit search at the top, restrict your search to just the files section, and you can search whatever tags you like. You can find just one user's files by restricting the search to files and typing their name in "Author", but this also brings up any comments they've made. This isn't final and a better dedicated file searcher will be made in the future.

Bookmarking files... I could show you a list of posts and files that you've <3ed. Would that work?

Showing files that you've <3'd should work fine, given that it may as well work as a favourites menu. :P

#8 2017-02-18 12:46:50

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Well, I've never made a custom search for FluxBB before, let's see how it goes.

#9 2017-02-18 19:12:17

paperpenguin
Files: 3
PM

A counter showing how many users are in chat would be nice, if not a full list, or something like speech bubble badges on avatars in Online Now.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those rap guys' girlfriends.

#10 2017-02-18 21:02:18

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

paperpenguin wrote:

A counter showing how many users are in chat would be nice, if not a full list, or something like speech bubble badges on avatars in Online Now.

Avatar badges. I like it. A lot better than the current system of drawing colored borders around avatars.

Speaking of which, I still need to write up a guide for streaming. And I need to look into writing a tiny program to ease streaming woes. Never done anything like that before. I've never done anything like anything about this site before.

#11 2017-02-20 13:37:43

T145
No avatar found
PM

ChiraBeats wrote:
paperpenguin wrote:

Avatar badges. I like it. A lot better than the current system of drawing colored borders around avatars.

Speaking of which, I still need to write up a guide for streaming. And I need to look into writing a tiny program to ease streaming woes. Never done anything like that before. I've never done anything like anything about this site before.

Might be easier to go the less creative route and run it through a voice system like Mumble or discord or something. :p Saves some setup at the cost of personalisation, but also less messy.

Any chance of getting an inline player on the main files page? :P Might be a nice quality-of-life change, and it would make it less heavy as there would be no need to reload the page when navigating between different files.

Last edited by T145 (2017-02-20 13:38:00)

#12 2017-02-20 16:13:18

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

T145 wrote:

Might be easier to go the less creative route and run it through a voice system like Mumble or discord or something. :P Saves some setup at the cost of personalisation, but also less messy.

Those doesn't really have the features I want. Mumble would require both listeners and streamers to download software. Turns out someone has made a mumble web client. If I can make that work I'd prefer that 100% over the icecast-based system we have here. But as far as Discord goes I don't want to rely on an outside service for a core site feature like streaming. Just a plain old site discord would be fine, and we actually already have one. How do you invite people to discord?

T145 wrote:

Any chance of getting an inline player on the main files page? :P Might be a nice quality-of-life change, and it would make it less heavy as there would be no need to reload the page when navigating between different files.

I could do this.

#13 2017-02-21 13:31:59

T145
No avatar found
PM

ChiraBeats wrote:

How do you invite people to discord?

I believe that you just give people an invite link. Can't remember where it is, though. :P

#14 2017-02-24 02:49:09

paperpenguin
Files: 3
PM

How about selecting a thumbnail screenshot for videos from a couple of seconds into the clip or 5% through? Seems like now the site is grabbing the first frame which sometimes tends to be a solid black.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those rap guys' girlfriends.

#15 2017-02-27 06:48:09

Deleted user #29

• Buddies/Friends list

• Poll/Voting feature for the forums

• Private Chats(May cause more trouble than luxury):  HBP used to have this WAY back but it was buggy. When in the chat room you could create a new window and have private 1 on 1 chats with other users and even share privately that way. Though my first experience was spam and it never appeared once someone messaged me so I was essentially forced into a sharing session with someone and never know who. Though once it stopped breaking like that it was a pretty nice feature.

• Image Gallery: Essentially like the files area but perhaps with a different layout and allow a way for users to share images and their artwork separate from written work. Its true we kinda have forum area for it but perhaps a gallery with thumbnails would better help show things off. It also may help things stay organized and give the artists out there a nice place to show off instead of buried by stories and popular posts.

Last edited by hpboy14 (2017-02-27 07:01:10)

#16 2017-02-27 14:37:55

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

hpboy14 wrote:

Buddies/Friends list

This is possible but I'm not sure I understand what the point would be.

hpboy14 wrote:

Poll/Voting feature for the forums

Definitely possible

hpboy14 wrote:

Private Chats(May cause more trouble than luxury):  HBP used to have this WAY back but it was buggy. When in the chat room you could create a new window and have private 1 on 1 chats with other users and even share privately that way. Though my first experience was spam and it never appeared once someone messaged me so I was essentially forced into a sharing session with someone and never know who. Though once it stopped breaking like that it was a pretty nice feature.

Yeah, that's possible. Sharing one on one is already sort of possible. You can hide the fact that you're streaming, so people would only know you're streaming if you told them, so if you only tell the person you're 1v1ing, that'd essentially be a private sharing kind of thing.

hpboy14 wrote:

Image Gallery: Essentially like the files area but perhaps with a different layout and allow a way for users to share images and their artwork separate from written work. Its true we kinda have forum area for it but perhaps a gallery with thumbnails would better help show things off. It also may help things stay organized and give the artists out there a nice place to show off instead of buried by stories and popular posts.

Not sure how I feel about that one. How about an alternate layout for the file gallery that's geared more towards images?

#17 2017-03-09 21:16:06

Mumford
Files: 2
PM

A "view newest post first" thing for the forums like HBP has. :D

#18 2017-03-09 21:54:02

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Is the "New" link up top not what you're looking for?

#19 2017-03-11 20:57:27

LadyKris55
Files: 1
PM

Can PMs be viewed top to bottom? So the newest stuff on top, the older stuff below it? On long PM threads it gets a bit tiring to scroll all the way down to see a response.

#20 2017-03-12 01:38:05

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

LadyKris55 wrote:

Can PMs be viewed top to bottom? So the newest stuff on top, the older stuff below it? On long PM threads it gets a bit tiring to scroll all the way down to see a response.

If I made an option for this under Profile>Display, would it apply just to PMs or everywhere?

Board footer