Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-05-21 03:18:55

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Humble Indie Bundle 18

Only a little over a week left to grab the Humble Indie Bundle 18, a collection of more than 7 games available for whatever price you like, all available DRM-free and all available for macOS, Linux, and Windows. Several more games are coming in Tuesday, and you'll get them automatically if you meet their price point. And a portion of each purchase goes to charity, you can even choose how your money is divided up between each developer, each charity, and the Humble Bundle itself. If you're into gaming at all, the Humble Indie Bundles are definitely well worth whatever you choose to pay.

So, you going to buy it? This time around looks like they got some pretty good looking games.

I already own Ziggurat and Goat Simulator, and I gotta say Ziggurat is a lot of fun. It really is a great mix between rogue-lite and FPS. The dungeon is randomly generated each time, and deaths are permanent but with some aspects surviving through plays. It's pretty fast paced and for an FPS there is a slight bit of strategy involved with managing your upgrades and how much magic you have in store.

Can't really speak at all on Goat Simulator. I own it but I don't really understand it at all. I know the basic premise, it's just supposed to be a ridiculous "simulator" game that's supposed to appeal to all the lolrandom kiddos. And the game's shtick is that it has never fixed a single bug. They fix bugs that cause crashing, but bugs that cause chaos are all left in. The little I played it made it seem like a weird goat-based skating game where you're awarded points for doing tricks.

#2 2017-05-24 04:53:59

Diff
PM

Re: Humble Indie Bundle 18

The last 2 games of the bundle have just been revealed, they're A Story About My Uncle and Neon Drive. Can't speak on Neon Drive but I can for the other. It's a pretty decent platformer with a focus on the narrative. Mostly involves flying/swinging around high in the sky. Pretty nice story that I haven't totally finished yet. Started it when I was using Windows, it wasn't available for Linux or macOS when I bought it so I haven't finished it yet. But recently it became available for Linux and macOS despite it not being a new title anymore. Always nice to see exclusive titles go cross-platform. Looks good, runs good, is fun, 8/10 would recommend.

#3 2017-08-24 06:13:31

Diff
PM

Re: Humble Indie Bundle 18

Can now speak for Neon Drive. Pretty fun little game. Handful of levels, all perfectly sync'd to their respective songs. 10/10 wish I could make something that nice.

Board footer