Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2018-01-20 05:01:37

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

Editing files, smoother streaming, better blocking

Got enough big-ish things done recently that I think it finally deserves its own post.

Editing files

Pretty self-explanatory, you can now edit your files. You can find it one of two places, either the Manage My Files page:

qci6UTW.png

Or the normal file viewing page:

pecIjvf.png

There's now also a delete button down there to match.

Streaming

This is mostly a technical change, but it should greatly improve the experience for Chrome users. Long story short, Chrome v59 broke a feature of the internet that our streaming server relied on, and that made a lot of Chrome users have to deal with Username/Password popups. Those popups are now safely behind us, and Chrome users should be able to listen to streams like everyone else.

Firefox 57+ is still the recommended browser for Heart2Heart, though.

Ignoring becomes blocking

The ignore system has gotten beefed up a bit. Now on your profile you can find a "Managed blocked users" link. From there you can manage your personal block list and see everything all in one place.

OmaqodI.png

With the change from "ignoring" to "blocking" comes changes about how it works. If you block a user, they can no longer listen in on your streams. Users you've blocked can't view your files anymore, either.

There were a few other small changes, some that I covered elsewhere.

• The chat now has a mute button, and there's a checkbox for it in your profile.

• When you receive a new private message, a short tone will play. There's also a checkbox in your profile to shut that off.

• PMs where some of the recipients are blocking each other can no longer be replied to.

Last edited by ChiraBeats (2018-01-20 05:09:54)

Board footer