Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2018-01-29 02:16:28

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

Sunday evening polishing

A lazy Sunday evening is a perfect time to make some general improvements!

The PM system reaches 100% completion

I would consider the PM system 100% "complete" now. Everything I wanted to add in the beginning has been added, and there's nothing left unfinished.

• PMs now have a Preview button like posts.

• Syntax or other errors in replies no longer tear you away from the topic.

• The Quote and Quick Quote links have been merged like everywhere else.

• Opening the Quote link now properly fills it out and doesn't tear you away from the topic.

Profile polishing

The profile has received some refining of its own as well.

• "User Info" and "Messaging" sections have been merged.

• The "Personal" section that contains heart and bio info is now named "Bio."

• A new "Blocking" section has been added instead of a separate control panel.

• Some of the phrasing in the profile has been changed to make it shorter and easier to read.

• The "heart type" preference is now visible in your profile viewed by others.

• The "Calm" heart type has been changed to "Quiet" to differentiate it from "Slow" and set it more at odds with "Pounding."

Simpler blocking

As mentioned above, Blocking users now has its own section in the profile instead of an independent and separate control panel.

Also, in the interests of cutting down drama, users can no longer see a centralized list of people blocking them.

And a bonus apology

Having a list of people that blocked you was intended to prevent a harasser from unblocking and re-blocking a victim in between sending them harassing messages, but that wasn't very well thought out. The way the rest of the blocking system works keeps that type of harassment from being possible in the first place.

But because that feature was added, it caused some drama and trouble. I apologize for my part in it to everyone who was affected by this.

Well, I think that's everything. If you find anything out of place, have a question, or anything else, feel free to PM me!

Board footer