Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2018-03-16 13:58:35

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

Opening up a part of the site

Right now, 100% of the site outside of the HBP one-click streaming button is locked down to members-only. What would you guys think about making *just* the forums/discussion section of the site visible to non-members? Chat would stay locked down, files would stay locked down, even viewing profiles or the user list would stay locked down. Streaming, like always, is left to the streamer whether it should be members-only.

But I think having just our already-mostly-public discussions opened completely could encourage newcomers to join, could make us easier to find on search engines. What do you guys think?

#2 2018-03-19 05:00:35

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Re: Opening up a part of the site

For any of the people leaning against it, if you have any specific concerns maybe you could message me? It might be possible to do something to address those. Thank you.

#3 2018-03-21 03:15:06

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Alright had a nice chat with someone about their concerns, and to clear things up, if this does happen, guests will not be allowed to post/interact. They will not be able to access profiles, files, chat, or streams (unless allowed by the streamer). They will only be able to view forum posts before they join.

And as a result of the discussion, if this does happen, users will be able to block guests like they would any other member, preventing their posts from being publicly visible.

#4 2018-03-24 21:29:14

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

With no more feedback, I've gone ahead and implemented the guest-blocking feature. You can find it in your Profile > Privacy > Block guests from seeing forum posts. This setting does not affect files or profiles, which are blocked from guests unconditionally.

The site is currently still 100% closed to guests, and will be for a little while longer to give people a chance to tick this box and while I work on some other things.

I hope this setting solves most problems people had with the idea of opening up the forum section to non-members. If not, I'm still happy to try and work out any concerns you might have!

Board footer