Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2018-03-31 04:27:01

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

The Spring update

Winter is finally starting to thaw out, how about we celebrate with a frankly ridiculous amount of decently-sized changes? I could write a book on all the stuff I've been up to.

Performance

Not super interesting, but it took a lot of effort and I'm proud of it. With our recent issues hitting our heads on peformance walls, I think I found a way to keep the site running on the money the ads bring in currently:

• In extreme circumstances, the site will now sacrifice a little bit of speed in order to keep the video processing going.

• If at all possible, streams will be copied over, completely skipping parts of the video processing process. That makes things instantly faster, and higher quality.

• Audio files should upload faster, they go through the same processing that videos do.

That said, I'd still really appreciate it if you guys disabled your adblockers for H2H :P

Slightly improved file usability

files1.png

The tags list in files are now clickable. Clicking on a tag will take you to a file search for that tag.

Any links in the "Source" field are now clickable as well.

Improved listening

stream1.png

The listening page has been updated a bit. Instead a single line of "You are now listening to X" it now takes some basic overview-type info from the user's profile.

More options to share

embed1.png

Above posts, the site now has a new "EMBED" button in the post box next to the others that you might have noticed. Whether you prefer to upload files publicly on Tumblr, YouTube, or Google Drive, you now have the option to effortlessly post them here, as well!

More options to discover

Definitely the most exciting change this batch, I've put the finishing touches on a new project I'm calling The Pulse. It's a way of connecting all the isolated cardiophile communities together.

pulse1.png

It's an activity feed of everything that's going on in the community, even across websites. You can find it in the navbar up top!

So far over a dozen Tumblr blogs, YouTube channels, and Discord servers have joined into contributing to the feed here. If you want your blog or channel to join in, please shoot me a PM!

More open to newcomers

To go hand in hand with the Pulse, guest users can now view the forums (and only the forums). Profiles, files, chats, and live streams are all still off limits.

If you want to hide your posts from public view, there's now a setting for that in your profiles. I announced this new setting a week ago, so I'm *hoping* that this isn't a surprise for anyone now.

Like always, if you have any concerns just shoot a PM and we'll see what we can figure out together.

And plenty of smaller stuff
  • The files gallery now completely hides files from users who are blocking you, instead of just slapping a blocked icon on the thumbnail.

• The home page has been updated just a bit.

• Fixed a bunch of small style issues on the dark theme.

• The Rules page is no longer white text on a neon orange background

• Boosted contrast for text on the light theme to make things more readable.

• Moved the Userlist link from the navbar to the online users list.

And that's all for this massive batch of updates. I tried to test things as best I could for such a massive update, but if you notice anything off, have question, or just feel like it, please PM me!

Board footer