Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2018-05-11 00:03:21

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

HELP WANTED: Testing a fancy new feature.

For most of today and yesterday I've been working on this lovely suggestion from thewyrdguy. And I've made a lot of good progress on it.

Here's the current progress of things in video form (19s 1.6MB)
Page loads are now seamless. Pages are loaded in the background and displayed only when they're ready.

The neat part is we can do things like commenting without interrupting the file we're watching. We can also pack up a file we're watching into a draggable, resizable popup without missing a beat, and take it with us across the site.

Problem is, this is a huge change, and it is NOT ready for prime time. It's too big for me to find all the bugs that I know are lurking. So for that I need your help.

There's a new "Use new live page loading" checkbox in your profiles. If you don't mind all the rough edges, I'd really appreciate you reporting any issues you find, either here or in PM!

Known bugs:
- Uploading doesn't work with this feature enabled.
- Loading new pages should probably bring you back to the top of the page.
- Ctrl+Clicking is intercepted, it should be left up to the browser (open in a new tab).
- On mobile, opening the menu activates the loader
- The back button sometimes doesn't load the previous page.
- Redirection sometimes doesn't update the address bar correctly.

Last edited by ChiraBeats (2018-06-01 14:42:55)

#2 2018-05-18 14:21:29

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Re: HELP WANTED: Testing a fancy new feature.

Just as a small reminder, if you're having issues uploading, you've probably got this beta test enabled. Just flip that off in your profile and you'll be good to go!

#3 2018-06-01 14:44:13

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Re: HELP WANTED: Testing a fancy new feature.

Fixed a bunch of bugs, found a few more. Uploading now works, and so do certain other types of forms like the user search page. A bug with the back button not always successfully going back has been fixed as well.

Board footer