Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2018-06-10 01:08:57

PineMarten
Files: 1
PM

Pokemon thread

Thought it'd be nice to have a thread to talk about pokemon :). I know there's a new game coming out on the nintendo switch.. but I don't have a switch so I'm not interested haha

Here's some optional questions if you're not sure where to start:

• Favourite/least favourite pokemon and why?

• Which games have you played?

• Watched the anime or the movies?

• Competitive or casual player?

• Pokemon merch (cards, plushes, etc)?

• What do you think about pokemon Go?

• Sun/Moon vs Ultra Sun/Moon?

• Pokemon spin-off games e.g. pokemon mystery dungeon and ranger?

Or you can talk about other related things.

#2 2018-06-10 16:15:11

miguel90
Files: 65
PM Website

Re: Pokemon thread

I do not like much pokemon, but if I like anime, my favorite anime is Saint Seiya (the knights of the zodiac) and the Gibli movies, you have excellent week pine Marten your friend Miguel

Last edited by miguel90 (2018-06-10 16:22:14)

#3 2018-06-10 16:19:03

miguel90
Files: 65
PM Website

but my favorite pokemon is Charizard because it looks like a dragon, I like dragons.

#4 2018-06-10 16:25:49

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Sounds like the Switch game is going to basically be an extended Pokemon Go with all the features that everyone has been missing from Go. Then again that might just be marketing.

Biggest thing for me playing Pokemon Go was that pokemon turned disposable. Like, in all the main series games, you catch a team, you train, you have a handful of switch ups, but you stick with the same team.

Pokemon Go, pokemon don't grow at all. You grind those suckers up into candy the second they outlive their usefulness and trying to make a weak pokemon stronger is a complete waste of hard-earned resources. Easier to just catch a new one.

#5 2018-06-10 20:06:52

acardiophileblog
Files: 18
PM

keldeo and scizor are best pokeman

#6 2018-06-11 00:24:36

PineMarten
Files: 1
PM

Diff wrote:

pokemon switch and pokemon go

Pokemon on switch has nice graphics so I imagine a lot of people will buy it, even though I'm not into pokemon go-like gameplay. I read some complaints that pokemon switch was playing into Kanto/gen1 nostalgia again. Not sure if I have a favourite gen, but nintendo does like milking that cash cow.

Yeah I agree with your points on poke go. A large part of my enjoyment of the main pokemon games was how we could train and bond with your pokemon. The only thing I liked with poke go was that my pidgey could sit on my trainer's shoulder (I don't play it anymore).

~
I like so many different pokemon that it's almost impossible to stick to one favourite. Anyway, the pokemon I like right now is Poochyena. They're cute and evolve into Mightyena, which looks cool. As for merch, I used to collect figurines/keychains and cards, but it isn't something I actively do anymore.

Board footer