Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-03-08 04:33:20

LadyKris55
Files: 1
PM

Video games!

Video games are my passion and I need to talk about them.

Right now I'm super fixated on Overwatch and Breath of the Wild... but I'll try any video game out and probably end up enjoying it. I'm looking forward to the new Mass Effect coming out this month!

So lemme hear about your favorite video games... if you guys wanna play together we can discuss that here as well!

#2 2017-03-08 05:08:51

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

Re: Video games!

I really liked the Disgaea series on my PSP, recently they've started re-releasing some of their games on the PC and I'm all over those. Or the second one, at least. Strategy games like that are usually the opposite of my thing but there's something I really like about how there's no limit to the strength of your characters. You can just keep on boosting them into infinity and deal tens of thousands of damage in a single blow.

Hand of Fate is fun. The narration on the dealer is just pretty great. He adds everything to the game. And the game mixes the fighting and random chance together really well.

Mad Max (driving and shooting) and Alien: Isolation (don't let the boogeymen get you) and Sanctum 2 (FPS meets tower defense) and Victor Vran (wade through armies of spiders and kill about a thousand of them at a time) are all fun too.

5089 is pretty great but maybe not for everyone.

#3 2017-03-08 13:51:51

Mumford
Files: 2
PM

I'll admit I'm not a super modern gamer. :c My favorites are all older, haha. But maybe that'll change when I decide to start BOTW. Wind Waker is by far my favorite Zelda, so it's going to take something special to take that top spot! ;)

#4 2017-03-08 14:37:59

LadyKris55
PM

Mumford wrote:

I'll admit I'm not a super modern gamer. :c My favorites are all older, haha. But maybe that'll change when I decide to start BOTW. Wind Waker is by far my favorite Zelda, so it's going to take something special to take that top spot! ;)

I tried to play Wind Waker (the HD version for the Wii U) but like all the other Zelda games I've attempted, I just never got around to finishing it. Hopefully BOTW is the first Zelda game I actually complete.

#5 2017-03-08 18:35:14

Deleted user #61

I grew up during the NES and SNES days. The Zelda series is probably my favorite followed by Castlevania and then maybe Dragon Warrior. Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, TMNT, Punch Out, Ghosts & Goblins, Contra, Mega Man, and Super Mario are others I enjoyed.  I remember always feeling uncomfortable when people would mention “heart container” when talking about The Legend of Zelda. I never did find all the heart containers in A Link to the Past.

I wish I had known about the many RPG and ARPG games for SNES, because then I would have enjoyed the SNES much more; A Link to the Past was the only one I knew of back then. I have a few RPGs and ARPGs for NES, and whole boat load of RPGs and ARPGs for SNES, downloaded to my desktop, but I haven’t the desire to play them.
My nephew has two Nintendo DS’s, and for that console, he has Zelda: A Link between Worlds, which looks much like A Link to the Past—Sweet! So, if an urge to play video games hits me, I’ll be having a talk with him.

#6 2017-03-09 01:08:19

Daremo
Files: 0
PM

I grew up with a Megadrive and a PS1, I played the death out Sonic 2 and Abe's Oddysee. My first Tekken game was Tekken 3 on the PS1 and I still love it to this day.

I still play Tekken games but I've also grown very attached to Amnesia: The Dark Descent/Justine and all the custom stories (Well, the ones with effort put into them) as well as rhythm games like Osu! and all that good stuff.

Danganronpa is also an awesome series I hold very close to my heart and it's been released on Steam as of last year, if you haven't played it do check it out... That is if you like visual novels with highschool students killing each other.

#7 2017-03-09 01:15:49

Kay-Ember
Files: 9
PM

Haven't been playing games that much these days. Been busy working, helping around the house, disctracted by the void of the internet, and reading books.

I am a self-proclaimed Nintendo fan and love all of their franchises, Zelda especaily. I also play Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and Skullgirls, even though I may be a tad rusty with them.

#8 2017-03-09 04:40:20

Syoubat
No avatar found
PM Website

I generally will stream Elder Scrolls Online on my twitch but I also play the Kingdom Hearts series (my absolute favorite series) as well as other games.

screeee!

#9 2017-03-09 08:30:30

Awildsnorlax
PM

I'm a big fan of strategy games such as Total war and Europa, I have more hours on them than I care to admit. If a game has some form of co-op multiplayer I usually invest a huge amount of time into it, like Payday 2 or Killing Floor. I'm also into a bunch of mmos, some of them being FFXIV, GW2, LotrO, Rift. I love me some grinding

If i'm playing single player, most of the final fantasy games i'm super into, haven't finished XV yet though. Fate/extella and dynasty warriors and those types of games are good stuff.

Oh i'm also really -really- into Granblue fantasy, a browser game

#10 2017-03-09 15:31:00

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Awildsnorlax wrote:

I'm a big fan of strategy games such as Total war and Europa, I have more hours on them than I care to admit. If a game has some form of co-op multiplayer I usually invest a huge amount of time into it, like Payday 2 or Killing Floor. I'm also into a bunch of mmos, some of them being FFXIV, GW2, LotrO, Rift. I love me some grinding

Co-op is a big plus for me, too. But mainly local co-op. I like having family game nights. Games like Crawl and Screencheat and ROCKETS ROCKETS ROCKETS and Broforce and Towerfall are pretty great for that.

#11 2017-03-09 17:58:14

monkey
Files: 4
PM

I've been playing games since the early 80s. Started with an Atari 2600.

Right now I'm bouncing back and forth between Overwatch, GTA V and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I don't get the time I'd like to play, unfortunately.

#12 2017-03-09 19:39:33

acardiophileblog
Files: 18
PM

action 52 is the best.

#13 2017-03-10 22:44:10

hbeats_rok1990
No avatar found
Files: 2
PM

Love playing video games. Most recently I have been playing quite a bit of Rocket League with some friends from work. I was a console gamer for years until about 4-5 years ago when I sold my Xbox 360 since it hadn't been powered on in months. I have been only PC gaming since then (I still regularly use the Xbox 360/One controller as I suck with keyboard in mouse in most games). I am going to be doing a new PC build very soon with one of the new AMD Ryzen processors, definitely looking forward to that.

#14 2017-03-11 00:13:33

Deleted user #158

Always been a fan of Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, and Mario. I'll get around to getting Breath of the Wild at some point. Not sure if I'm going for the Switch version or the Wii U version.
Wanna try the Switch in person first before I get one. Even though it's nearly impossible to get one right now for the retail price.

Currently working on beating Star Fox Guard. While it's a little maddening, it's a lot better than I thought it would be.

#15 2017-03-11 00:38:41

Fluffle
No avatar found
PM

i grew up with the ps1 of my older brother.
i started playing videogames with the age of 5.
worms armageddon, need for speed and tenchu where my favorite games (yeah i know that tenchu is meant to be for 18+ but well... i liked ninjas xD)
with the age of 9 i got my first pc (without internet) and played a lot of real time strategy games... cossacks, settlers, command and conquer.
with 12 i had internet and a friend from school introduced me to metin 2... my first mmorpg... since then i played around 50 different mmorpg´s.
now im 23 and play mostly online games with friends... at the moment i play dark souls 3 and dark souls 2: scholar of the first sin, League of Legends, Rocket League, Atlas Reactor, Civilizations V and as solo game a bit Fariy Fencer F.

#16 2017-03-11 01:54:26

Deleted user #29

I was introduced to games back when my dad bought me and my brother a SNES. Since then I was stuck with the PlayStation for a while, I always enjoyed Sly Cooper and the Ratchet and Clank series. After that I've moved to PC and don't really use consoles anymore. I've been looking into getting something new but not sure what at the moment. As for games I enjoy FPS games as well as anything that has online team-play or some form of co/op. Right now I've been playing Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Siege, Killing Floor and Elder Scrolls Online. I also recently installed Night in the Woods and I'm pretty eager to try it out.

#17 2017-03-11 02:32:25

LadyKris55
PM

To those who play Overwatch: What console do you play on? I play on PC and wouldn't mind playing with you guys sometime. :p I main Zenyatta and Mercy mostly but I'm a pretty good Roadhog as well.

#18 2017-03-11 03:02:10

Deleted user #29

LadyKris55 wrote:

To those who play Overwatch: What console do you play on? I play on PC and wouldn't mind playing with you guys sometime. :p I main Zenyatta and Mercy mostly but I'm a pretty good Roadhog as well.

I'm also on PC. I'm somewhat trash but I do okay with most supports, 76 and Zarya.

#19 2017-03-11 03:28:02

acardiophileblog
Files: 18
PM

maybe if they put overwatch on steam for a tiny price, i'll join some of you and play it for 6 minutes. don't want to have unnecessary extra clients installed.

#20 2017-03-11 03:31:14

Kay-Ember
Files: 9
PM

Dout Overwatch will ever make it to Steam. I have concidered that they might at one point, but given that its owned by Blizzard, it seems very unlikely.

Forgot to mention that Pokemon is also one of my most loved franchises.

Board footer