Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2019-01-15 11:56:14

PineMarten
Files: 1
PM

Telling someone in real life

Have you ever opened up to someone (who isn't a cardiophile) about your love of hearts/heartbeats?

I'm not brave enough & to be honest I don't want to talk about it with irl people. I feel like they would misunderstand and think I'm some kind of creep. I think the real human heart is beautiful, but I'm not sure how many would agree (aside from biologists/cardiologists). It also feels so personal that I can't stand the notion of others mocking me or spreading this info around.

#2 2019-01-15 15:20:45

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Re: Telling someone in real life

Not on purpose, anyway. A few people around me online and off have had it accidentally leaked to them, only one of them has said anything about it. And then it was only that he didn't think he'd ever be able to understand what they were looking at kinda jokingly. I've brought it up on an Q&A site I go on without my name attached and someone there said it was pretty cute and wholesome.

There's that reddit post somewhere where someone outed themselves as a cardiophile to their boyfriend and they ended up getting dumped which is a pretty frickin' harsh reaction over literally nothing (I personally think he was just looking for an excuse but), but at the same time the comments section was stuffed full of people saying it was the most adorable kink ever.

Even people who aren't cardiophiles get how lovely it can be resting your head on someone's chest so I don't think it's so far out there that people can't "get it" if you want to explain it.

#3 2019-01-21 16:39:44

heartbeatlistener5
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

PineMarten wrote:

Have you ever opened up to someone (who isn't a cardiophile) about your love of hearts/heartbeats?

I'm not brave enough & to be honest I don't want to talk about it with irl people. I feel like they would misunderstand and think I'm some kind of creep. I think the real human heart is beautiful, but I'm not sure how many would agree (aside from biologists/cardiologists). It also feels so personal that I can't stand the notion of others mocking me or spreading this info around.

I agree. My family and my wife knows. My family by accident, but I'm glad they know. My wife I literally told the night we met and she told me she felt the same. I never anyone else aside from close friends and family, and I never will.

#4 2019-02-01 00:22:48

GreenDay_Nerd
No avatar found
PM

Well, here I go with my revealing my dumb "secret"... I wouldn't be on this site if it was a "secret"... I wrote it all out in my actual journal last night, and I want to type it word-for-word, so it'll sound a bit funny. Anyway... Here we go.

Just figured out (eye-opener) and realized there is an actual term for the "thing" (what I called it for years) I like... Well... I guess I'm a slight cardiophile... And for me, it's more of the actual sound of one's heart than anything else... And in the way that I like it, it's not sexual. I don't like sexual things anyway. Getting back on topic, well fuck... I honest to god didn't know there was an actual term for it. I thought it was just called a "heartbeat fetish" or something else. But no. Oh no. There's a damn term for it. I guess it's time to truly reveal how... Heartbeat sand hearing them... Make me feel. Even getting the chance to lay on someone or be cuddled up to them is a given. It's just a really annoying and embarrassing problem when I go to hug someone I like, and want to stay in their arms for hours, just listening to their heart. And just even the thought of what I just said alone-- which is honestly what I think about EVERY DAMN TIME I go up to them-- will make my own goddamn stupid heart speed up and make my terrible face flush. Thinking about  someone holding me tight in their arms with my head rested on their chest makes my dumb heart quicken its pace, because I know it's a wholesome and pure experience I'll never get to have. In real life, being physically close to someone I like (with my annoying thoughts making things worse), makes my heart palpitate badly. My face heats up thinking about laying on or being held by someone I really like, and it makes me mad. :lol: Just writing this whole confession makes my cheeks flush with embarrassment... It feels really awful to confess and go into deep detail about something I've hidden for a long time, but yet... I don't know what the feeling is, but I know not 100% of it is horrible... Hell, just thinking about a heartbeat and hearing one in general makes me nervous and flustered. :lol: It's awful enough when you're hugging someone, anyone for that matter (say a family member or friend),  not just a person you're fond for-- and your brain is all like "Hey. They have a heartbeat and you're really close to it. You're right there. It has a heart. Listen to it." And I'm just standing there all awkwardly and internally dying, frustrated, and screaming at my brain, "SHUT THE FUCK UP brain! Don't taint them with your impurities! GOD!" Yes, as you can tell, I still am very, very ashamed of what I like... And now that I know it has an official term? That makes it even worse. So yeah... I am a slight cardiophile. Not to the extreme like some other people view it. Meaning, some people who like this subject sexualize and fetishize it. In my case? No. I don't like it sexually and think it's a bit odd that people would sexualize such a... Not entirely sexual thing. Anyway, I don't sexualize it because I'm not a sexual person. Case closed. So yep... I've exposed myself enough. Time to go die and kashoot myself!! :)

"Life's gotta be a party, man. Live life to its fullest extent, dude." - Me.

#5 2019-02-02 08:01:58

Firesquad
New User
No avatar found
PM

I was kind of embarrassed about it in my teen years. But around 20 it stopped bothering me.  Now I’m almost 40 and never regretted telling anyone about it. Most females I’ve told think it’s cute and/or romantic. As for friends who know, it’s helpful because they let me know if they see a show or movie with relevant scenes I might be interested in.

#6 2019-02-19 01:15:41

snowyheartbeat
No avatar found
Files: 1
PM

I've told both serious boyfriends that I've had in my life about my interest. They both weren't bothered. My fiance is actually a nurse and lets me use his old stethoscope (a cheap one he used in school) on him once in a while. He also encourages me to listen when were cuddling which is very nice :) I had to tell him more than once about it because he didn't really understand what I was trying to tell him (he just thought I was plain into medical cardiology lol). Never regret telling either of them, although I am always nervous bringing it up out of fear of being rejected or shamed.

Last edited by snowyheartbeat (2019-02-19 01:20:02)

Board footer