Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2019-01-30 11:47:07

steth
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

I gave a kid her first stethoscope last week..

I am  an adoptions worker.  Two sisters, 17 and 12 who are in the process of being adopted and are on my caseload.  The 17 year old just had her birthday, turned 17 this past Friday.  She wants to become a nurse.  She is starting a program in high school that will have her ready to take the LPN exam at graduation, and she plans to head to nursing school to become an RN.  She loves pink.  I bought her a hot pink Sprague-Rappaport for her birthday.  She loves it.  The family was getting ready to go to dinner and a movie for her birthday, so she didn't try it out on the spot.  Eager to talk to her again--I feel sure that she has done a lot of listening to her own heart and younger sister's heart by now.  Probably adoptive mom's heart, too.

Last edited by steth (2019-01-30 11:48:47)

#2 2019-02-03 08:02:04

kit_kat
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Re: I gave a kid her first stethoscope last week..

Are you a social worker? Because if you are, from one social worker to another, I see several violations in code of conduct you have made. Now I can understand your reasoning behind wanting to give the young lady (she’s almost an adult at 17, not a kid) a stethoscope, but isn’t that more thinking with your fetish in giving that gift? Forgive me if I am wrong, but my duty to my profession tends to always be on my mind all the time.

Don't even trip dawg

#3 2019-02-19 01:17:29

snowyheartbeat
No avatar found
Files: 1
PM

Re: I gave a kid her first stethoscope last week..

kit_kat wrote:

Are you a social worker? Because if you are, from one social worker to another, I see several violations in code of conduct you have made. Now I can understand your reasoning behind wanting to give the young lady (she’s almost an adult at 17, not a kid) a stethoscope, but isn’t that more thinking with your fetish in giving that gift? Forgive me if I am wrong, but my duty to my profession tends to always be on my mind all the time.

I agree, as another social worker I see this as being ethically wrong.

Board footer