Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2020-04-18 21:19:26

Deleted user #1924

Is this normal?

Sometimes (usually at night or when I'm bored at school) my heart will sometimes stop for a second then beat extremely hard then beat fast, then repeat the pattern, pause, pound, beat rapidly. I don't know why this happens but it hasn't happened in a while.

#2 2020-04-20 10:15:00

nekoparfait
Files: 5
PM

Re: Is this normal?

Have you gotten it checked with a doctor?

ドキドキ

#3 2020-04-20 14:42:32

Diff
Files: 139
PM

I think I had that happen once years ago, but that's definitely not normal. I'd check that out with a doc, yeah.

#4 2020-04-28 01:46:21

Deleted user #1924

I have not gotten it sorted out with a doc however I did get a recording of it.

#5 2020-04-28 03:35:07

Enigma3
No avatar found
Files: 3
PM

Sounds like a PVC.  If you're concerned get it checked out.  The vast majority are benign, but if they happen in patterns or every other beat you def want to get that checked out.

#6 2020-05-02 05:55:25

Deleted user #1924

Here is something new I heard today, I was listening to a heart recording of mine(don't have a stethoscope) and I don't know why but I'm pretty sure I heard an extra sound? Not completely sure but it almost sounded like bu-lub-dup or something idk or it was after the heart beat like lup-dup-bu, I couldn't tell.

Last edited by Yellow (2020-05-02 05:56:01)

#7 2020-05-02 06:12:33

Diff
Files: 139
PM

That's *fairly* normal I think. It's been a while since I read up on them, but I think what you heard is a split S1 or split S2. I think the split S2 in particular is normal if I'm remembering right.

#8 2020-05-02 11:10:09

thewyrdguy
Files: 42
PM Website

Yellow wrote:

Here is something new I heard today, I was listening to a heart recording of mine(don't have a stethoscope) and I don't know why but I'm pretty sure I heard an extra sound? Not completely sure but it almost sounded like bu-lub-dup or something idk or it was after the heart beat like lup-dup-bu, I couldn't tell.

That could be an artefact of recording (very likely), or an extra sound (S3 or S4), or split S1 or S2. Impossible to tell without hearing.

If you are worried, go to a doctor and get professional opinion.

If you want an unprofessional opinion, some people here (including me) could give it, if you upload the recording. Just don't take too seriously what we may say.

#9 2020-05-02 14:53:45

Deleted user #1924

Alright I put up the video, so if you listen to it can you please tell me what it is?

#10 2020-05-07 06:37:42

Deleted user #1924

So I am not 100% sure if it is what I believe it to be, but I'll still share. So I was swimming earlier and I was messing around with swimming and holding my breath, during this time I was attempting to make it to the other side of my pool however when I got to the other side, I desperately needed air. When I took a full breath my heart beat from what I would probably say it's 150 bpm to dropping to at least less than 110. 5 seconds after for whatever reason my heart then started to beat out of control probably back to 150 and maybe higher. What really interested me is the fact that it almost seemed that I had 2 heart beats because near the top of what I would assume is my heart, it was beating out of control completely out of sync with the rest of my heart. This led me to believe it being AFib, but it was very amusing. After that I tested it 3 more times, gasping for air after a few laps and a long time period without air in the pool and I had gotten the same results, the top of my heart would go absolutely crazy, however what made me stop experimenting with my heart was when it had stopped/paused for 2-3 seconds. Just to note another reason why I believe it may be AFib is because my chest area had felt odd/uncomfortable during the erratic beats. Also what I believe to be AFib stopped after 20-30 seconds after I take my initial breath so I am fine. But if anyone has some answers please feel free to tell me but anyways yeah thats a story, a long one at that.

#11 2020-08-23 15:50:54

robertscool
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Is it possible for you to see a doctor? I don’t think that should be happening. Don’t take this as medical advise, swimming is cardio and it should raise your heart rate, holding your breath might have something to do with it.

Good things happen to good people. .

#12 2020-10-01 19:27:03

Girlstethlover
Files: 0
PM

Hi there! Maybe you're having PVC's (premature ventricular contractions). Sometimes I have them too. One time, my heart scared me because I got 5 of this PVC's in a row; I thought it was about to stop.

But then, I talked it with my doctor and she said that they are normal in a healthy heart. Unless you have an excessive amount of them and constantly or having them because of a heart condition.

I hope this could help you.

☆♡

Board footer