Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2020-12-17 21:09:34

Kkk401
No avatar found
Files: 13
PM

Recording Heartbeat

Hey everyone

After experiencing enjoyment and comfort in having my heart listened to, probably since adolescence, and since becoming single last year, realising that this is something I miss about being in a relationship, as this generally the main time I've got to experience this, I've come to realise that I may benefit from joining a site like this to chat with like minded people.

I've seen videos on YouTube with other women recording their heartbeat for others, and was just wondering how to go about doing this so I can possibly share with others?

I'm a 41 year old female, although I usually get told I look and act younger, I try and keep in shape, although I'm an occasional smoker when I'm really stressed, and other than sometimes getting a mild arrithymia when I go running, I don't think I have any heart issues.

Anyway thanks, any advice about recording would be appreciated!

Kirstin (kkk401)

#2 2020-12-17 23:10:02

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Re: Recording Heartbeat

Welcome, Kirstin!

Really depends on what you got. Even just a smartphone will get the job done, you just get a recording app, press the mic into your chest and away you go. Definitely works better with a phone that has the mic on its face vs the end, though, at least as far as comfort. Picking up some audio editing basics on a PC can also come in handy for cleaning away background noise.

Some people combine stethoscopes with lav mics to make their own steth mics, or there are existing ones like the Eko or Stemoscope, but it's hard to beat what you already have lying around, especially if it meets that bar of "good enough."

#3 2020-12-17 23:38:50

Kkk401
No avatar found
Files: 13
PM

Ah cool, thanks!

That sounds simpler to do than I thought it would be. Will give it a try in a bit 🙂

Kirstin

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

#5 2020-12-28 04:49:01

PoundingHeartbeat
No avatar found
Files: 3
PM

I attach my handsfree to my cellphone and then put its microphone on the area i want to record. For example mitral area, tricuspid area etc. After that i run a recording app and record my heartbeat.
It is very important to cover put the pulm of your hand on the microphone. Otherwise it records nothing but air.
Good luck :)

Board footer