Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#21 2017-03-11 03:32:34

acardiophileblog
Files: 18
PM

Re: Video games!

yeah, it sucks that blizzard is so stubborn with their platform. i used it for a bit to play some stuff, but it's just pointless. so many companies do this too and they just have their own games on there.

#22 2017-03-11 04:09:58

monkey
Files: 4
PM

I'm on PC. I'm a pretty decent Reinhardt. Fair with 76 and Lucio. I can manage with Junkrat and Mercy. Kinda crap with everyone else.

#23 2017-03-11 06:15:34

Diff
Files: 139
PM

acardiophileblog wrote:

yeah, it sucks that blizzard is so stubborn with their platform. i used it for a bit to play some stuff, but it's just pointless. so many companies do this too and they just have their own games on there.

amen there

although probably different reasons because I'm on linux and I'm guessing you're talking about consoles

that said I heard someone recently got overwatch working on WINE recently which is huge. I might join you guys sometime soon. how much is it?

#24 2017-03-11 06:30:59

Deleted user #29

Diff wrote:

I might join you guys sometime soon. how much is it?

$39.99 on Battle.net, the Origins Edition is $59.99 but its just a bunch of skins and cosmetics for Overwatch and other Blizzard games.

#25 2017-03-11 11:27:21

Fbhbeat
Files: 0
PM

Still stuck playing Unreal Tournament! But at least it runs on just about anything...
Also like messing with Solar 2 - nice to be a god once in a while!

Bass 'n' Heartbeats

#26 2017-03-11 13:01:21

acardiophileblog
PM

Diff wrote:
acardiophileblog wrote:

amen there

although probably different reasons because I'm on linux and I'm guessing you're talking about consoles

that said I heard someone recently got overwatch working on WINE recently which is huge. I might join you guys sometime soon. how much is it?

i mean that, a bunch of companies have put out clients similar to steam but only for their own games. multiple mmo companies have done this, not just blizzard. it's extra annoying when the game is on steam, but you still need their platform anyways. ubisoft is guilty of that too. i don't know why valve even allows that. well, know what, yeah i do. they let anything on there. i mean...digital homicide? repacked unity assets? ...a will maker?

-_-

Last edited by acardiophileblog (2017-03-11 13:02:55)

#27 2017-03-11 16:08:58

mrheart
PM

About me... actually i'm stuck with World of Warcraft, but in general every survival game and mmorpg is well-appreciated from me. I also love the old platform games for console as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

"Be strong enough to stand alone,
be yourself enough to stand apart,
but be wise enough to stand together when the time comes."

#28 2017-03-11 17:01:34

acardiophileblog
PM

dood, spyro is cool.

(and skylanders is not a spyro game)

i tried world of warcraft. didn't get far at all. once my 24 hour ban caused by not being able to renew 4 times in a row is lifted, i'll jump back onto final fantasy 14 to do some stuff. maybe i've been gone long enough, who knows.

Last edited by acardiophileblog (2017-03-11 17:03:09)

#29 2017-03-11 17:14:16

mrheart
PM

With WoW, if you don't have at least 4-5 hours each day to play it... forget it! Especially with this expansion where everything is farming :rolleyes:

#30 2017-03-11 17:28:52

acardiophileblog
PM

mrheart wrote:

With WoW, if you don't have at least 4-5 hours each day to play it... forget it! Especially with this expansion where everything is farming :rolleyes:

honestly, i've got all the time to play those. wow just didn't grab me. ff14 on the other hand, i have 1190 hours in. i just don't have the patience for the tomestone shit they call endgame.

#31 2017-03-11 17:38:59

mrheart
PM

I get grabbed every time there's new content, but after few months it's always time to change game. Then i understand you, without patience it would be a rage-quit from everything you would do in that game :P

#32 2017-03-11 17:48:20

acardiophileblog
PM

mrheart wrote:

I get grabbed every time there's new content, but after few months it's always time to change game. Then i understand you, without patience it would be a rage-quit from everything you would do in that game :P

yyyep. i'll probably try to get black mage to 60 since summoner kinda sucks, then i'll wander around the free company for a few minutes finding new areas with bad collision so i appear to float. then, i'll quit again. and just maayyyybe i'll be able to move on in the story if it's possible to do so without running into a brick wall for a while.

#33 2017-03-11 19:20:56

anthony03521
Files: 2
PM

acardiophileblog wrote:

The thing is that Valve (steam developer) takes around 25% of the game sales, so thats a lot of money that blizzard wouldn't dare to lose.
Their web services and popularity is sturdy enough, they don't really need steam.
I do hate uplay from ubisoft and origin from EA, their web services suck so much that most of their games are on steam lol.

#34 2017-03-11 20:35:54

acardiophileblog
PM

it would still be a gain anyways, just not as much as it could be.

#35 2017-03-13 06:59:33

heartlove
No avatar found
PM

I'm a hardcore fan of strategy games. Idk why. Total war, Warcraft, Eurpoa, Sierra's city building games, Age of empires, heroes of might and magic, etc. I love these games, but can't play multi-player thanks to my slow net. Beating them on highest difficulties offline just gets boring at times. So I shifted to online stuff recently. We don't have Magic the Gathering in our country, but I fell in love with magic duels. Hearthstone was good but I preferred something more to think about. Had to leave HS due to net problems. And DotA 2 is so awesome with friends. I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned that.

At times I do take breaks from mind-grinds. Assassin's creed was awesome. Recently I've been playing team fortress 2 just for fun. And there's one unknown gem of a game called Mount and Blade...

#36 2017-04-03 17:05:26

BeatCatcher
No avatar found
PM

Ohh boy! Where do I even start?

I play mostly Nintendo games, my first game being Super Mario World on SNES, but I do play PC and PS4 Games occasionally.

If I'm not playing Smash at my gaming club at school (I'm a Kirby main, btw), I'm playing Pokémon Moon or Fire Emblem Heroes or whatever I'm in the mood for.

I like to say I'm well-played. I play old-school and modern games a lot. As for genre, anything's fine as long as it's fun (Except horror games. I won't play them. You can't make me)!

Some of my favorite games are Kirby, Pokémon, Sonic, Mario, Zelda (A Link to the Past is my all-time fave so far), BOMBERMAN, and more recently, Fire Emblem.

#37 2017-04-06 18:19:30

Desdemona
PM

I don't have as much time for video games as I'd like, but I have been known to wander through The Elder Scrolls Online from time to time.  I'm also still pretty fond of some of the old DOS games I played as a kid; the Commander Keen series is still pretty entertaining, as are Crystal Caves and Hocus Pocus.

#38 2017-04-07 02:06:38

Diff
PM

Did I mention Disgaea already? I know I already posted in here and if I posted in a video games topic I probably mentioned Disgaea.

But recently I've been replaying the rest of the games I loved on the PSP. At the moment I'm playing my way through Cladun: This is an RPG, it's another game by NIS and like Disgaea it's got a lot of mechanical depth to it. It's more of the action RPG kind of game I like rather than Disgaea's pure strategy.

heartlove wrote:

And there's one unknown gem of a game called Mount and Blade...

Mount and Blade is amazing. Graphics aren't really on the same level as other games these days but the gameplay more than makes up for it, and gameplay IMO is the most important part of the game. You can have terrible graphics but as long as the game is fun it can be overlooked. And Mount and Blade is definitely fun. It is kind of irritating to get hunted down by a massive army of bandits for the 500th time though.

#39 2017-04-09 01:07:30

Junkpunk16
No avatar found
Files: 3
PM

Right now I play overwatch, destiny, bf1,WWE on the PS4. Sometimes though I play on the PS3 and play midnight club LA or cod bo zombies =)

#40 2017-04-23 12:22:44

Diff
PM

Does anyone know any good local multiplayer games? At this point I kind of feel like I know about every one that exists.

Board footer