Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2019-04-26 23:38:22

PlasmaPoppies
Files: 2
PM

Cardiophile "Toys"

What kind of cardiophile stuff do you have and what are some things you wish you had?

I have a collection of about six steths, one recording steth, a doppler, and a blood pressure cuff. I would looove to get a portable echo machine one day (but I think they only come in the $1000+ range and I don't have that kind of money!)

#2 2019-04-27 02:32:35

PineMarten
Files: 1
PM

Re: Cardiophile "Toys"

I have a stethoscope but that's about it. I haven't had an ekg done before, but I'd like one so I can get a ekg strip. That would be cool. I think it'd also be nice to have prints of a cardiac MRI and echo of my heart, if I ever needed to have those done.

#3 2019-04-27 16:53:01

Deleted user #158

I have five stethoscopes, a doppler, a bp cuff, and a portable 3-lead ECG.

Kinda wish I had an ultrasound machine, but you know - money.

#4 2019-04-28 14:03:04

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Just a cheap little $11 Walgreens steth and a phone I use for a mic.

Planning on getting an actual microphone soon, and maybe someday a tiny EKG.

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

#6 2019-05-03 12:40:59

scientist
Files: 8
PM

Anaeroid blood pressure kit, Old-looking (but not) stethoscope.

Want: a patient.

Edit: recently added, a pulse/ox, a Duinotech - based EKG module.

Last edited by scientist (2022-04-10 12:19:04)

A static electrical discharge will emanate from your swollen heart
While the doctor prescribes "rubber SOLES"
-Steam Powered Giraffe

#7 2019-05-05 03:49:08

Bradycardialady
No avatar found
Files: 1
PM

A littmann cardiology 4, a littmann classic II, an ADC that is equivalent of the classic II, fingertip pulse ox, regular manual BP cuff, large arm manual BP cuff, fetal doppler, and handheld EKG. I have seen some ultrasound equipment on eBay that does not come with a laptop, just the software and the probe, and it was only a few hundred dollars. Definitely economical if you already have a computer. I also know there was something in the works, if it is not already out by now, for a transducer that plugs into your phone for ultrasounds

#8 2021-06-21 15:09:17

miguel004
Files: 57
PM Website

At the moment I only have my cell phone, but I would like to have a stemoscope.

#9 2021-06-21 21:52:12

hiyasynthgirl
No avatar found
Files: 45
PM

My only piece of "serious" cardiophile kit is a Littmann Lightweight SE II stethoscope (I don't use it much). Everything else is improvised.

My recording and sharing apparatus consists of three plastic condiment cups stacked together, shielding a rickety inline microphone salvaged from a failing pair of headphones. I previously had another such microphone that I had taped to my steth to get a rudimentary stethmic.

To record, I use the app "EZ Voice Recorder" on my phone; that one has a volume boost, which was useful in the early days before I figured out this mic-cup thing and when I was just pressing the microphone pore on my phone to my sternum. For measurement, I use the Instant Heart Rate app (first result on the Play Store, probably).

Other objects I've played with include a flashlight (when first exploring visibles), a 10-pound dumbbell (for my first and to date only pressure test), and a sequined shirt I briefly borrowed from my mom (to shine a strong light on it and see if the reflections move. They do). I've wanted to get a real monitor for a while, but I'm reluctant to spend money on myself for nonessentials.

I'm not a real doctor, but I am a real nerd, I am an actual nerd

#10 2021-07-06 06:14:38

Chel
Files: 9
PM

I just acquired a particularly cheap stethoscope from Walmart, but I enjoy a sort of  ...gritty? Idea towards my cardiophilia, so I'm going to rip it apart and rebuild it with some old earbuds and other materials. I've been studying the how-to's and schematics for both DIY e-steths and audio devices, so it's about time to see if I know what I'm doing yet.

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

#12 2021-08-30 00:09:35

Dr_Fluffle
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

I have a bunch of stethoscopes. it has developed to a collecting habit somehow, always looking for new or unique stethoscopes. currently i have like 25 stethoscopes and 3 blood pressure cuffs.

#13 2021-10-14 17:07:12

Karavangard
No avatar found
Files: 5
PM

I have a small two lead heart monitor a pulse oxygen finger monitor and a cardiology stethoscope. Wish I could record

Board footer