Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

#2 2022-07-27 00:56:30

Adambl107
Files: 4
PM

Re: Calming down when self-stething

Hmm mine is usually only affected by sharing with someone else, not really affected by my own ears

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

#4 2022-09-04 22:22:29

0ryn
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

I often find I can slow mine just by listening to it.

#5 2022-09-22 16:28:02

hpb14
Files: 6
PM Website

For me I find my own heartbeat really soothing. Often pretty slow when I listen to it myself. I usually just self-steth when I need to meditate or have some quiet time. Sometimes falling asleep while doing this.

As for why yours speeds up, could be a number of things. Obviously your cardio interest gets you excited for one reason or another. Hearing your own could cause sudden self-awareness of your body that your mind has subconsciously suppressed. Hopefully it doesn't make you anxious but cardiophobia surrounding one's own heart is a thing for a lot of people. My BF loves listening to mine but gets weird feelings when listening to his own. Hopefully you can work around this and get to listen some of your own calm beats.

#7 2022-09-23 20:28:29

hpb14
Files: 6
PM Website

Platonic_Steths wrote:

I really appreciate this reply, hopefully I can hear more of the clam beats that make the heart so enjoyable to me.

@Playonic_Steths Hey not a problem! I'm not sure what would help but I suppose mindfulness and better awareness of your own body could help. Sort of acclimate your mind to things its been ignoring for the most part. Exposing it to those things by listening to or feeling your own pulse. More frequent exposure may do the trick for this? I am no psych what so ever haha. Best of luck on finding a way!

Board footer