Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2020-05-04 02:21:57

PineMarten
Files: 1
PM

Favourite pulse?

Does anyone have a favourite spot to feel/count their pulse?

I like my neck pulse (the carotid artery), because I can find and feel it easily. Other places are harder to detect - I can feel my apical pulse but it takes effort to find. The pulse in my wrist is annoying elusive.

#2 2020-05-04 03:07:56

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Re: Favourite pulse?

When I'm stressed I'll usually idly feel my neck pulse. Don't really make any other attempts to feel it, but sometimes I'll notice it around the PMI.

#3 2021-10-29 12:28:33

hiyasynthgirl
No avatar found
Files: 45
PM

As you may know from the "obscure pulse points" post, I've got a lot of pulse points to choose from.

When I'm alone, I prefer apical, especially if I can lean over to the left and really bring it out. When I'm around other people, I like radial because it's quite discreet, especially if I can play it off as just putting my hands behind my back. A few times, I've also used a small artery on my jaw -- very discreet because I can palpate it by assuming the "beard-stroking" thinking pose. My real favorite, though, is a small superficial artery in the webbing between my thumb and forefinger that is frequently palpable and visible in the right light. I like that one because it's not only somewhat rare (i.e. I'm the only person I've encountered so far who has that as a pulse point) but it's also very discreet because of its location and its rarity. Putting my thumb on that is the ultimate in covert self-monitoring.

Last edited by hiyasynthgirl (2021-10-29 12:32:33)

I'm not a real doctor, but I am a real nerd, I am an actual nerd

#4 2021-10-29 21:46:33

miguel004
Files: 57
PM Website

The carotid pulse is my favorite, because there you can feel my strongest pulse and in the mitral part of my chest when I do a lot of exercise my heartbeat is a little visible.

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

#7 2022-12-17 18:47:19

RyHeart
Files: 1
PM

Apical.
No contest.
Especially when the heart is thumpy.

Proud nerd since forever you pinhead

Board footer