Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-03-10 13:34:40

Diff
Files: 139
PM

scars to your beautiful

What does it mean? It just doesn't make any sense and it's bothering me. Something's missing but I have no idea what. Is it supposed to be "from scars to your beautiful _____" or "from scars to you're beautiful" or what the title makes literally 0 sense what do you guys think?

#2 2017-03-10 18:35:01

Deleted user #61

Re: scars to your beautiful

It can mean whatever you want it to mean because it may mean whatever she [the artist] wants it to mean, because, in essence, she has no idea what it means; it just sounded deep, clever, or whatever. Perhaps it's a short way of saying "I had scars, and I considered myself ugly or others considered me ugly, but now I, or others, consider me beautiful because my scars are gone or are able to be looked past."

Edit: I just Youtubed the song. Although "from scars to your beautiful" looks unintelligent, sloppy, and grammatically incorrect on paper, it's fitting when musically spoken. I had to listen to the song to know what the heck was going on. I could dig up an infinite amount of lyrics that make no sense when cherry-picked from a song, but when looked upon as it sits within the entire lyrics of the song, it makes sense; and makes even more sense when listening to the flow of the song.

Last edited by HBrhody (2017-03-10 19:41:17)

#3 2017-03-12 00:48:48

paperpenguin
Files: 3
PM

So apparently the context is "You should know you're beautiful just the way you are" yadda yadda "No scars to your beautiful". I guess you could interpret that as a poetic way of saying "there are no scars upon your beauty", ostensibly because beauty comes from inside and scars are on the outside and you're beautiful inside so the scars aren't on there, or perhaps the "you" in the song possesses a beauty that cannot be scarred because it transcends this or that or whatever.

This seems to me like using what's normally an adjective as a noun to sound more interesting and unique, or to fit the meter or rhyme scheme better. It sounds like it's intentional.

Or it may not be, if the songwriter speaks English as a second or third language and just doesn't know better.

I'm looking at you, Shakira.

Edit:

I see you trying to sneak off, Nelly Furtado, you're not getting off scot-free either.

Last edited by paperpenguin (2017-03-12 00:52:40)

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those rap guys' girlfriends.

#4 2017-03-12 13:50:11

LadyKris55
Files: 1
PM

I always thought the lyric was "the stars think you're beautiful" lol

Board footer