Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#21 2017-03-14 20:12:26

hartspot17
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Re: Have you met a cardiophile in real life?

Kit Kat:
For me, i make sure i know / talk to a potential steth partner for a minimum of 6 months. I think it is also very important to have rules for each meet to make sure there are mutual expectations. Every steth meet is unique.
These are just my guidelines, and it has worked well so far.
Don't get discouraged by one bad experience .

Last edited by hartspot17 (2017-03-14 20:13:09)

I would rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not..
--Wayne Dyer et.al

#22 2017-03-14 21:32:27

stethingdave
No avatar found
PM

Two females.    Met both on the internet.  One on a single site, the other on a cardiophile site.   The biggest blessing I have ever had in my entire life.   Love them both dearly.

#23 2017-03-14 22:29:43

Deleted user #158

hartspot17 wrote:

Kit Kat:
For me, i make sure i know / talk to a potential steth partner for a minimum of 6 months. I think it is also very important to have rules for each meet to make sure there are mutual expectations. Every steth meet is unique.

This. Even then, sometimes it doesn't go like you imagined. You never know - you may dig the person you talk to online, but they're not as interesting in-person.

#24 2017-03-14 22:53:43

Mumford
Files: 2
PM

patthedrummer wrote:
hartspot17 wrote:

Kit Kat:

This. Even then, sometimes it doesn't go like you imagined. You never know - you may dig the person you talk to online, but they're not as interesting in-person.

I've had an experience like that^
Spoke with someone for a long time, met up for a steth meet, but his personality was completely different in person. Definitely not my favorite heart experience by far.

#25 2017-03-14 23:12:20

RodrigoMDZ
No avatar found
PM

kit_kat wrote:

I've been reading everyone's replies to this post talking about how they had wonderful steth meet sessions and it looks like I'm the only one who's session didn't go well. I don't even talk to the person anymore. How did the rest of you get so lucky?

Oh, no.. I did say that mine wasnt good. So, don't feel alone on this. It was good that I could escape from it (not as in a violent thing, but as a disgusting thing)

#26 2017-03-15 01:54:27

Diff
Files: 139
PM

patthedrummer wrote:
hartspot17 wrote:

Kit Kat:

I feel like if I ever met someone online this would basically be me.

Except I'm not that interesting online either so I guess I'd be the same after all. :P

#27 2017-03-15 08:33:44

Hrtbeat86bpm
PM

I've never met a cardiophile before, but I would love to. It's one of my top priorities. I've met Elizabeth (EM) a couple years who isn't a cardiophile, but does have a general medical fetish which includes checkup and all if that kind of counts. Despite not being a cardiophile, she has stated that she does enjoy making heartbeat videos for everyone. I honestly think that the reason she likes doing it is so that she can feel like she's apart of a group of people that will accept her. She's always had a tough time making friends and getting accepted since she has aspergers.

#28 2017-03-15 19:11:11

orang_utan_dean
Files: 1
PM

I've not met a cardiophile I've been speaking to online as part of our community yet, but I have had the experience of finding out someone I went to college with & spent a fair amount of time hanging out with was also a cardiophile...he joined HBP a couple of years after I did.  We've not seen each other in person since that point though, as we are in separate countries now!

#29 2017-03-16 03:53:42

xana
PM Website

Yes! I met someone from HBP and we've been together for just over a year now :)

It's amazing and I highly recommend it.

#30 2017-03-17 12:15:07

lubdafuqdub
PM

I've met someone from HBP years and years ago. We no longer talk (although I still think I have him on Facebook...) but it we stethed each other a couple of times and hung out for the day.  Kinda do miss that tbh...

The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

#31 2017-03-19 02:06:54

Mumford
Files: 2
PM

Update to my previous reply here;

I'll be meeting a cardiophile friend for the first time next month. Four years of friendship in the making! Over these years they've become one of my best friends in the world, and we're finally getting the chance to meet! I just purchased a lime green stethoscope as a gift, and I seriously can't wait to give it to them! :D

#32 2017-03-19 22:59:07

Riteofresus
No avatar found
PM

I guess I'll answer this one, I am not a cardiophile. I was intrigued by some posts about the drama at HBP and the founding of this site and wanted to kind of witness it for my own and relate it to what had been going on in the resus world for some time now, much of the same conversations, much of the same dilemmas with underage people and if anyone wants my advice I'll happily offer it if asked but I'm not going to overstep my bounds because honestly this isn't my community.

As for the base question "Have I met a cardiophile in real life" I actually have, my gf. She opened up to me shortly after I opened up to her about my resus interests saying she enjoyed listening to hearts... to which I responded "there's a name for that" :) I won't pressure her to join the community but I kinda keep my eye on things to see what I may be able to do to help her explore her interests. Glad to see you guys have a new place that may be a little safer for you all and I wish you all well

-back into hiding-

#33 2017-03-20 01:50:08

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

Riteofresus wrote:

I guess I'll answer this one, I am not a cardiophile. I was intrigued by some posts about the drama at HBP and the founding of this site and wanted to kind of witness it for my own and relate it to what had been going on in the resus world for some time now, much of the same conversations, much of the same dilemmas with underage people and if anyone wants my advice I'll happily offer it if asked but I'm not going to overstep my bounds because honestly this isn't my community.

As for the base question "Have I met a cardiophile in real life" I actually have, my gf. She opened up to me shortly after I opened up to her about my resus interests saying she enjoyed listening to hearts... to which I responded "there's a name for that" :) I won't pressure her to join the community but I kinda keep my eye on things to see what I may be able to do to help her explore her interests. Glad to see you guys have a new place that may be a little safer for you all and I wish you all well

-back into hiding-

oh cool

I guess I never really thought about it, are there sites dedicated to resus out there? seems like there'd be a fair amount of overlap between the two communities, if such a place exists I'd be surprised I'd never heard anyone mention it before.

#34 2017-03-21 22:23:13

Riteofresus
No avatar found
PM

There's the Trauma Bay Database

Before that there was Resus Heaven

#35 2017-03-24 02:59:34

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Never met a cardiophile, but I do have a question for the people who have.

Where did you meet them? Did you meet them online then find them in real life, or did you find them in real life and find out they were a cardiophile later, or something else entirely?

#36 2017-03-25 21:27:32

Deleted user #464

I have been lucky enough to meet 3 from HBP.  All guys and the last of the 3, I'm happily engaged to now.  I hope everyone gets to experience this, even if only as friends.  Its amazing sharing your heart with someone who gets it <333333

#37 2017-03-25 22:55:32

paperpenguin
Files: 3
PM

Diff wrote:

Never met a cardiophile, but I do have a question for the people who have.

Where did you meet them? Did you meet them online then find them in real life, or did you find them in real life and find out they were a cardiophile later, or something else entirely?

Met on HBP, then took it to Skype, then randomly decided to meet up when circumstances aligned perfectly. Been trying to align them again since.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those rap guys' girlfriends.

#38 2017-03-26 02:48:56

Deleted user #158

I've also met my steth-buddies on HBP and talked on Skype. Then discussed meeting and usually plan on it six months to a year ahead of time.

#39 2017-03-29 13:23:27

A_wild_dingo
No avatar found
PM

Not me sadly

#40 2017-03-29 14:50:39

aetcranium
PM

Yes - just the one. The first meeting involved drinks and a trip back to her hotel room with a stethoscope, subsequently we've visited each other at home a few times too.

Board footer