Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-05-03 21:54:24

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Heart health

We have a heart safety topic, seems appropriate to have a heart health topic too.

I found this site: https://cardiophile.blog/ that's basically dedicated to heart health.

Was reading along here and I found this post about stress, thought this bit was particularly interesting:

Another manifestation of stress in the heart is the ‘broken heart syndrome’ or stress cardiomyopathy. This was initially described more in elderly females after sudden demise of their spouse. Part of the left ventricle (lower muscular chamber of the heart) becomes enlarged, giving it the name apical ballooning. This occurs in the absence of any blockage to the blood supply. Most of these cases do recover sooner or later. Stress cardiomyopathy has been described along with multiple other forms of stress other than bereavement.

tl;dr: enough stress can actually damage your heart temporarily and cause it to warp its shape a bit. So chill out, life's too short for that nonsense.

#2 2017-05-04 05:45:01

heartbeat1
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Re: Heart health

that's maybe why elderly people often die within days of each other.  A sad story I do know of personally, a man who I know well as a friend lost his son in early middle age to a sudden heart attack, The same day his wife also had a heart attack and died with the shock . In 12 hours he lost his son and his wife.. Horrible and very sad.

Board footer