Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-08-22 03:55:11

bakerstbabe221
Files: 15
PM

Andrea Gibson

My boyfriend recently introduced me to one of his favorite free verse poets. ((Andrea Gibson uses they/them pronouns)) He showed me the video of them performing "Maybe I Need You" because he loves it but also the storybat the beginning made him think of me (because he knows I'm a cardiophile). It's as follows:

"We're lying in bed and we're about to kiss for the very first time and right before our lips touch, she jumps up. She runs to her closet and grabs a stethoscope, and she runs back. She jumps in the bed and she puts the little ear things in my ears and she puts the little knob thing down her shirt and on her heart. And she says "I want you to hear my heart speed up when you kiss me." And I kissed her and I could hear her heart start racing and it was so beautiful. Moral of the story: buy a stethoscope."

And that made me dive into her other quotes and poems and I found this:

"If you were to press your heart close up against somebody else’s heart eventually your hearts will start beating at the same time. And two little babies in an incubator, their hearts will beat at the same time. Love that. So if you have somebody in your life that is prone to anxiety, like myself, and if you happen to be a calm person, you could come up and hug me heart to heart and my heart hopefully would slow to yours. And I just love that idea. Or maybe yours would speed up to mine. But either way, we’ll be there together."

"I should have fitted you with a cardiograph." -Eurus Holmes, The Final Problem (4x03)

#2 2017-08-24 05:56:49

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Re: Andrea Gibson

is andrea a closet cardiophile or something? that's way too adorable

#3 2017-08-24 10:56:27

bakerstbabe221
Files: 15
PM

Re: Andrea Gibson

I'd wager they are. But we writer-types and poets are always aware of life's subtle beauties and intricate details that other people ignore

"I should have fitted you with a cardiograph." -Eurus Holmes, The Final Problem (4x03)

Board footer