Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-02-19 06:20:56

Diff
Files: 139
PM

How'd you guys find out?

How did you guys find out you enjoyed heart beats? What did you do after?

For me, I can't quite remember when I found out. Wasn't too long ago, maybe a year or two? I remember downloading Heartbeat Listener and falling asleep to my own heartbeat afterwards though. Then back in October I was looking for something more or less unrelated and ended up finding out that I'm not the only one. So that was kinda neat.

#2 2017-02-19 18:30:12

FeelMyApex
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Re: How'd you guys find out?

For me, it was when I was given an old steth to play with as a kid of around 7 or 8... I lost the steth a few years later and the interest was somewhat dormant for a while until I decided to search youtube for heartbeats. Needless to say I was surprised there were so many of us!

#3 2017-02-19 23:44:32

Stethguy
No avatar found
PM

Known since I was a kid.  I remember finding a steth in the basement of a friends (his grandmother was a Dr. from Russia) I was intrigued.  When I was 9 or so , I used to try to find excuses to "accidently" put my ear up against the my chests of the little girls just to hear the mystery within!

Last edited by Stethguy (2017-02-19 23:49:10)

#4 2017-02-23 08:35:59

Deleted user #29

For me it was way back when I was really young. I can't remember the age but me and a friend used to play doctor all the time with toy steths and what not. Sometimes we would rest our heads on the other's chest and listen to our heartbeats. Since then I had a fascination with hearing them. I used to create some makeshift steths out of tubing, straws and bottles to listen to myself but I later found a real steth at a thrift shop when I was shopping with my mom. After that I started to search up heartbeat stuff on YouTube when I was 13 and later found references to HBP in the comments and that is when I discovered the whole community!

#5 2017-03-01 18:08:03

snowyheartbeat
No avatar found
Files: 1
PM

I don't think there's a distinct time where I "found out", it's just something I've always enjoyed. I remember being a kid and out of curiosity looking up heartbeats on YouTube when I got my first computer (in my room, it was private lol). I remember not using earphones at first and holding the speaker to my ear, and later finding out that earphones are pretty much needed to hear anything. This was around the time that HBP was under reno or something, I just know it wasn't accessible at the time so I couldn't sign up (and thank God, cause I was only about 10 or 11) but I did hear about it from watching files on YouTube, most of which are gone now. I used to look up stuff on DeviantArt, specifically Sinon517788's stuff. It was a few years later when the group #heart1fetish was created (I think?) or when I discovered it. I remember downloading heartbeat sound effects to my mp3 player and falling asleep to that, too. I never had a toy stethoscope or anything as a kid, so I guess my interest sprouted from something else.

Last edited by snowyheartbeat (2017-03-01 18:08:52)

#6 2017-03-01 19:37:10

acardiophileblog
Files: 18
PM

earphones or get a set of speakers with a subwoofer.

i recommend the latter since then you won't be caught nearly as easily.

#7 2017-03-02 13:39:14

T145
No avatar found
PM

acardiophileblog wrote:

Did you mean the former? :P Otherwise, I can't imagine broadcasting such things to everyone in the room, and even some outside to room to be very inconspicuous at all. lol

#8 2017-03-02 17:23:09

acardiophileblog
PM

T145 wrote:
acardiophileblog wrote:

Did you mean the former? :P Otherwise, I can't imagine broadcasting such things to everyone in the room, and even some outside to room to be very inconspicuous at all. lol

nope. but if you're not the only one there, i dunno why you'd be listening to hearts. it shouldn't be loud enough to make it through walls or doors or anything unless you have it so loud that the bass is destroying everything.

#9 2017-03-03 00:39:01

paperpenguin
Files: 3
PM

I too never really "found out". I'd been always vaguely fascinated as long as I can remember with first my own heartbeat, then those of neighbor kids and classmates. It didn't really hit hard for me until I was about 7 or 8 though.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those rap guys' girlfriends.

#10 2017-03-11 16:22:06

max94
PM

Damn, I don't think there was a time where I 'found out'.... I just always remember having a weird thing about hearts and just thinking I was different until discovering online stuff as a teen.  Here's some of my earliest memories regarding being a young cardiophile (ages 3-5):

Lying face down on my cot during nap time in preschool with my shoe cubby underneath, in a way so that one end of it was just under my chest, with gravity pushing my body onto it. I secretly liked that feeling on my chest.

Being nervous around the red working stethescope that was a part of the 'doctor' play kit in preschool. The other stuff were all fake but the steth actually worked. I remember trying to hide my interest in it, and noticing that the kid using it didn't know how to use it properly. They were pressing it into another kid's stomach way too hard. And anyway, I thought the steth belonged only on the chest. How else would you hear the heart?

Having fantasies of being in a sky tube loop, where each colored segment was a different exam. The yellow segment came with a yellow steth (everything was color coded) and I'd get stethed in that section. I'd crawl through the sections, in the fantasy, and go through the different exams. There was a section in the middle of it all, one that was unseen, one that rarely entered my mind. It was too adult and realistic for me at the time, but it was a silver metalic section with scary medical instruments. It spooked me at the time.  My fantasies at that age were still very childlike.

During recess in preschool, me and my best friend covered a table to make a hideout underneath, where we played doctor. I remember putting my hand flat against her bare chest and feeling her heartbeat, until we got caught by one of the teachers (kids weren't allowed to be out of sight, heheh).

Anyway, those are the earliest of my memories. Since they're all around the preschool age, I can't tell the timeline of them. It was nearly twenty years ago!

#11 2017-03-11 16:39:15

mrheart
PM

I'm not sure at all when i've realized that. Most probably it has been when i was 4 or 5 and i've played for the first time a game called Medievil, one of the enemies it's a stained glass demon which has only one weakness... yes, his beating heart. It also had a very realistic sound and i felt terribly shy to hear it through the TV even if i didn't know why, then after few years, with internet, i've started to be a lot more curious and to look for various heart recordings or artworks.

"Be strong enough to stand alone,
be yourself enough to stand apart,
but be wise enough to stand together when the time comes."

#12 2017-03-11 17:41:58

monkey
Files: 4
PM

I don't even remember, it was so long ago.

#13 2017-03-11 18:15:17

Kay-Ember
Files: 9
PM

While watching the old, classic cartoons, I got a weird feeling and liking to the heart-beat-out-of-chest thing and, well, it only grew from there.

#14 2017-03-11 18:37:49

Deleted user #402

I first got into hearts when i was 9 years old I had my first ekg and echo ever since then i just been fascinated with hearts

#15 2017-03-11 18:38:00

acardiophileblog
PM

let's see if i can summon up all my earliest heart memories.

i don't know if it's my first experience, but a long time ago, i'll just say i was 5 i guess, me and a female student would play doctor. i don't quite remember if i heard her heart, though. we could've only been listening to eachother's stomachs. we set up a ring of chairs in the gym once to do this and for some reason, we decided to do so right next to some teachers who saw us and told us to stop. i do remember walking into the bathroom and asking if anyone in there wanted to play doctor. i was a weird. uh, still am. but i think the random asking in bathrooms is done.

sometime later i guess, i wanted to borrow a stethoscope. instead, i got a playset which I WISH I COULD FIND that came with some stuff and a stethoscope. couldn't hear my heart in the van because car noises, but i could when i was back home. used to listen to my heart a lot.

then even later, i found out that i can hear my heart with a funnel and a straw. then i found this tiny microphone from this cheapo thing you stick on your monitor and put that in the top and sealed it off. and then, http://acardiophileblog.tumblr.com/post … ly-18-2011 got my first heart recording. i made a billion of these things with that.

yeah, it'll take forever to type out absolutely everything, but there's a few.

#16 2017-03-11 23:55:38

LadyKris55
Files: 1
PM

I was super super young and I specifically remember that scene in Tarzan where he listened to Jane's heart and I was like "huh".

#17 2017-03-12 02:45:30

Skitz2000
PM

This is the earliest memory I have. I was really young and saw the episode of the simpsons where homer has a heart attack. The scene where you see homers heart beating made me feel really odd. Ever since then I knew I was into heartbeats.

Last edited by Skitz2000 (2017-03-12 02:46:44)

#18 2017-03-12 02:54:48

hbeats_rok1990
No avatar found
Files: 2
PM

I think it started for me when I was young and was given a stethoscope for either my birthday or Christmas, during that phase a lot of kids go through where they think they want to become a doctor (now I have super severe white coat syndrome, ironic?). Then it went dormant for years, and started to come back up when I was around 11 or 12. Once I found the MSN group HeartbeatManiacs when I was around 13, it never stopped.

#19 2017-03-14 22:05:13

Ricadams
PM

I think it was a gradual progression for me; from seeing pictures in books (I read alot as a kid), to watching medical documentaries. And when I was randomly grabbed in a hug by a classmate in high school one day and had my ear pushed to her chest.

#20 2017-03-27 09:46:45

Thumper9393
PM

Not totally sure how it ever became an interest of mine to begin with, lol. As a little kid, I hated when the doctor would listen to my heart. I would scream and cry over it. But at some point, most little kids play doctor with their friends with the plastic doctor kit, and for some reason I found excitement in pretending to do it myself. When I was 8 years old, my mom gave me my first real stethoscope, and for the next 2-3 years, I annoyed my friends like crazy with it. Eventually, it became something I kept to myself, and did for quite a while. Today, my desire isn't to listen as much as to be listened to, but I'd still love to listen. :)

Board footer