Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-02-17 04:56:38

emofreako
Files: 20
PM Website

What's broken?

Just thought it'd be nice to have a thread where people can complain, err, submit suggestions, about bugs they encounter. :)

For more technical related issues, it would help if you provide info regarding your device and OS (i.e. computer, Windows 10) and your web browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.)

This is a 'short answer' submission. If you would like to have a detailed discussion in regards to an issue, you can choose to make a separate thread.

Last edited by emofreako (2017-02-17 05:25:34)

It's not a fashion statement, it's a deathwish.

#2 2017-02-17 04:58:34

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Re: What's broken?

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the site or with me (probably my fault) but I don't see any ads in the adbox.

Also the link in the adbox still points to "To do: make a page explaining the use of ads and explaining that the ads we have on this site do not misbehave like most other ads and possibly explaining that you might see this message even if you do disable your adblocker because right now we're being verified"

#3 2017-02-17 04:59:32

emofreako
PM Website

Kokuto theme isn't displaying text or category links on the forum page

FFlxZj6.png

#4 2017-02-17 05:04:20

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

Whoops, the other themes shouldn't be there. Just "czarnawhatever" and soon, it's dark version. When I was starting the site I flipped through a bunch of different FluxBB themes and ultimately settled on this one. Apparently I forgot to delete the ones that didn't make the cut, and since I didn't update them as I built up the rest of the site they're bound to be full of bugs.

#5 2017-02-17 05:05:02

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Diff wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the site or with me (probably my fault) but I don't see any ads in the adbox.

As far as this, I'm getting some pretty inconsistent results on the ads. Some computers/browsers they work fine, others they don't.

#6 2017-02-17 05:11:36

emofreako
PM Website

ChiraBeats wrote:

Whoops, the other themes shouldn't be there. Just "czarnawhatever" and soon, it's dark version. When I was starting the site I flipped through a bunch of different FluxBB themes and ultimately settled on this one. Apparently I forgot to delete the ones that didn't make the cut, and since I didn't update them as I built up the rest of the site they're bound to be full of bugs.

You should still keep some of the ones that work tho, I was using DarkAce and it wasn't beautiful but it worked perfectly. I don't like light themes on forums if given the choice, especially when browsing at night XD

#7 2017-02-17 05:36:49

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Yeah, that's something I've gotten more than one request for. I'll see if I can get something super rough going before heading off to bed.

EDIT: Got something pretty quick and nasty done. I'll clean it up some more in the morning.

Last edited by ChiraBeats (2017-02-17 05:37:09)

#8 2017-02-17 10:26:59

emofreako
PM Website

Is uploading videos intentionally not working orr?

#9 2017-02-17 13:18:04

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Intentionally broken. Something I didn't run into during testing was that videos take so incredibly long to process, and I don't have any sort of queue system. When you hit upload, it'll try to process it right there and the page won't even finish loading until processing is done. Lots of you guys have used HBP, processing files on there can take a while. And since there's a limit on how long the server allows pages to load, it can get interrupted partway through ruining everything. So when I have a bit of free time I need to change the system so that instead of processing it, it puts it on a list to be processed. A background program on the server will take care of that, so it can take as long as it needs.

Until then, I've blocked videos from being uploaded because they're not likely to survive intact unless they're very small.

#10 2017-02-17 14:06:51

Kingston
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

When I click logout, I get "Bad CSRF hash. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source." isntead of logging out

#11 2017-02-17 14:45:37

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Not able to reproduce that. What browser are you using? Is it still broken?

#12 2017-02-17 16:18:19

Kingston
No avatar found
PM

Still broken, I'm on Chrome

#13 2017-02-17 18:52:52

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Hm, still not able to reproduce. What version of chrome and do you have any extensions that could possibly be causing this?

#14 2017-02-18 04:41:20

ehummingbird
PM

eyyyy I was writing up my profile and admittedly, I am a very wordy person. apparently SO wordy that the writing ran straight out of the box:

123p4z4.png

(if it helps, I'm using Chrome)

also, I'd like to visit my profile without previewing it, or being led to edit it, through the user search page, but it's not a deal breaker or anything like that ^^; I really appreciate all the work you've done!

Last edited by ehummingbird (2017-02-18 04:42:31)

one half of a whole heart
tumblr: hummingbirdhearts

#15 2017-02-18 05:43:13

emofreako
PM Website

I saw in a file comment section that video uploading should be fixed, but is it? I still can't upload big videos or files, the upload will go to 100% in the browser status bar, but then just throw me back to the "manage files" page rather than the "upload successful" one. Smaller files work fine though.

Edit: the file size limit for a working upload seems to be about 12MB for me right now
Edit 2: nevermind, now even smaller files (that take like 2 seconds to upload) still don't work and kicks me back to the manage files page

Is there a way that we can have the site just upload files for native playback rather than process them? Most modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge are able to play common video (mp4, wmv, etc) and audio (mp3, wav, etc) files using their built-in player, or you could always install an aftermarket one like VLC that will play practically anything.

Last edited by emofreako (2017-02-18 06:18:37)

#16 2017-02-18 06:03:32

emofreako
PM Website

Also, not sure if this is intentional, but I can't stay logged in on more than one device. If I switch to a different device and back again, I have to re-login. I use three different computers, a tablet, and two different phones, so this is somewhat of an irritant for me XD

#17 2017-02-18 11:32:44

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

ehummingbird wrote:

eyyyy I was writing up my profile and admittedly, I am a very wordy person. apparently SO wordy that the writing ran straight out of the box:

Huh.

Fixed.

also, I'd like to visit my profile without previewing it, or being led to edit it, through the user search page, but it's not a deal breaker or anything like that ^^;

I'm not sure I understand. If you visit your profile without previewing it or editing it then what are you doing?

emofreako wrote:

I saw in a file comment section that video uploading should be fixed, but is it? I still can't upload big videos or files, the upload will go to 100% in the browser status bar, but then just throw me back to the "manage files" page rather than the "upload successful" one. Smaller files work fine though.

This is just incredibly confusing. And with my internet speed it's going to be a giant pain in the butt to debug.

emofreako wrote:

Also, not sure if this is intentional, but I can't stay logged in on more than one device. If I switch to a different device and back again, I have to re-login. I use three different computers, a tablet, and two different phones, so this is somewhat of an irritant for me XD

Shouldn't be anything preventing you from doing this, and I can't reproduce it. Have you checked the "Log me in every time I visit" box when you log in?

Last edited by ChiraBeats (2017-02-18 11:34:10)

#18 2017-02-18 12:49:15

T145
No avatar found
PM

You wrote:

also, I'd like to visit my profile without previewing it, or being led to edit it, through the user search page, but it's not a deal breaker or anything like that ^^;

I'm not sure I understand. If you visit your profile without previewing it or editing it then what are you doing?

Maybe to see what their profile might look like to someone else?

#19 2017-02-18 12:52:49

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

T145 wrote:
You wrote:

Maybe to see what their profile might look like to someone else?

Well, but that's what the preview's for. The only difference between the preview and what everyone else sees is that there's a link to take you back to edit it, and it says "Profile Preview" instead of just "Profile".

#20 2017-02-18 13:53:01

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

emofreako wrote:

Well that was an interesting trip. Fixed.

Board footer