Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-02-19 07:59:03

Diff
Files: 139
PM

I don't think Mat's very happy with us

I thought he was okay with it, he got on and the thread about H2H stayed up and so did emofreako's message in the shoutbox. But I just got on and he erased the whole thing. Didn't even lock it and say "Hey don't do this, I've removed the name of the site, please don't do it again in the future" no he went and destroyed the entire thing. What a scrub.

#2 2017-02-19 15:25:49

paperpenguin
Files: 3
PM

Re: I don't think Mat's very happy with us

Based on my previous interactions with him re: Film 911, it would seem like he's paranoid that the INTERPOL Gestapo Nazis To Catch A Predator CIA FBI will bust his door should a sweet, innocent child click on a link on HBP and see a naked titty.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those rap guys' girlfriends.

#3 2017-02-19 15:45:19

ChiraBeats
Administrator
Files: 43
PM Website

I mean

He probably wouldn't have to worry about that if he didn't allow children on his fetish site but

You know

He does.

#4 2017-02-19 16:42:47

Deleted user #158

HBP has issues and the people who have control have no desire (or time) to remedy them. It's been this way for some time, and it was very nice for quite a while before that. Nothing is being done to fix it. I looked to see what happened to the other admins - one I can't even find on the site anymore. The other two are hardly online anymore. Why not appoint new admins/mods? Easy stuff to fix here. I was one of the early adopters of HBP. I've seen where it's gone. I've thought about offering to help be a mod or admin, but I feel like it will fall on deaf ears.

I had many female friends on there. Many of those no longer visit the site because of behavior of other people on there. Simply PMing someone on there to say hello and welcome is met with hostility and the assuming you want something out of them. I'm sorry, is friendship suddenly too much to ask in this case??

#5 2017-02-19 17:54:32

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Well, it's not that friendship is too much to ask, it's that 90% of the time, the person PMing you does actually want something. Problem is that those people don't get that it's crossing a line for 99% of people. For some reason Mat doesn't feel like putting up any sort of notice, either. He did put up that "This is not a hunting website" topic but seems like the actual message there was "Don't leave HBP for other websites please we can't protect you over there" even though he doesn't do much protecting.

#6 2017-02-20 02:26:07

emofreako
Files: 20
PM Website

Along with other reasons mentioned above, competition.

HBP isn't what it used to be, it's dying, and everyone knows that including Mat. So not only would people moving to another site mean that they "aren't protected" (uh huh), but also that it would mean HBP is no longer the 'only' go-to heartbeat fetish site and that they would lose even more traffic.

Remember that phase when Apple tried as hard as they could to sue Samsung and remove any form of Google apps from iOS? They were number one and they didn't want Android on the market in fear of losing that title.

It's not a fashion statement, it's a deathwish.

#7 2017-02-20 03:29:40

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Well, I do believe that he did mean what he said about not being able to protect people from creepers on other sites, I just think it's kind of funny for him to say since he doesn't seem to do much of that in the first place.

#8 2017-02-20 13:24:37

Deleted user #61

If Mat wants people to stay, he needs to create an environment that is welcoming. He needs to take care of the things that create an unwelcoming environment.  There's a high sense of unfriendliness, bitterness, discomfort, dissatisfaction, distrust, volatility, and hostility there--much much tension in the air. Everybody has there own reasons for feeling this way. I would put myself into the dissatisfied category. I'm not in any cliques--I keep to myself--so I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. Perhaps the negative atmosphere is coming from the women who are sick of nagging and distasteful messages, and guys who are sick of being prelabeled as being someone who will be nagging and distasteful. I KNOW that there are those people who enjoy negativity and controversy. It is true that negative topics get lots of attention while positive ones tend to get brushed aside. It doesn't take any effort to be negative. I don't know. I haven't thought much into it, I'm just saying what is coming to my mind at this moment. How do we solve human behavior? We don't. We try to solve our own negative behaviors and hope others will come along for the ride.

"I may be going to hell in a bucket
But at least I'm enjoying the ride
At least I'm enjoying the ride
Yeah at least I'm enjoying the ride"--Grateful Dead

Last edited by HBrhody (2017-02-20 13:25:08)

#9 2017-02-20 13:26:39

T145
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

To be absolutely fair to him, the site is decently big these days (though inactive), and the way that some things are set up is a bit iffy, in that it probably creates a fair bit of extra work behind the scenes.

As for protecting from creepers, given that a lot of it seems to happen via PM (or other services), there might not be a lot that can be done about without massively invading privacy, and probably breaking a few laws where the servers for that site are. :P

#10 2017-02-20 13:54:32

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

There's not some equivalent of the USA's one party consent laws? With the PM system here, any staff member can read a PM thread as long as they are given a direct link to it from one of the participants.

#11 2017-02-21 13:34:24

T145
No avatar found
PM

ChiraBeats wrote:

USA's one party consent laws

That generally only applies if the server is hosted on one, though, unless you were a participant in the conversation, wiretapping laws might be more relevant. :p

#12 2017-02-21 20:08:54

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

I would think if one of the parties allowed someone in I don't think that'd be any different from posting screenshots or a transcript, or different from recording a real life conversation and playing it back for someone else, as long as you had the consent of the person beforehand.

#13 2017-02-22 11:49:42

T145
No avatar found
PM

Well, we can both agree that it's complicated, at the very least. :P
From what I remember, one-party means that, as long as you're part of the conversation, you're able to record it/take screenshots. You might be thinking of two-party. :P

#14 2017-02-22 13:02:26

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

I thought I was thinking of one party consent. Just needing one participant to let you in on a conversation, that's one party consent right?

#15 2017-02-23 11:20:35

T145
No avatar found
PM

ChiraBeats wrote:

I thought I was thinking of one party consent. Just needing one participant to let you in on a conversation, that's one party consent right?

From what I remember, one party consent means that only one of the participants in a private conversation between two people needs to give consent to record the conversation.  Not sure how it works if one of the participants invites a third party. :P

#16 2017-02-23 20:24:11

acardiophileblog
Files: 18
PM

he's not worried about the users. he's scared of competition.

just let his fancy empire die. it's long overdue anyways.

#17 2017-02-23 21:51:54

ChiraBeats
Administrator
PM Website

Well before this place there hasn't really been any competition. Theartofaheartbeat's site is the closest I've seen and that died sad and alone. Even this, we're much closer to being a full HBP replacement except Mat's still got all the people and is blocking the majority of the people who might be interested from finding out about us.

#18 2017-02-24 03:50:15

acardiophileblog
Files: 18
PM

ChiraBeats wrote:

Well before this place there hasn't really been any competition. Theartofaheartbeat's site is the closest I've seen and that died sad and alone. Even this, we're much closer to being a full HBP replacement except Mat's still got all the people and is blocking the majority of the people who might be interested from finding out about us.

well luckily, a ton of people had already migrated/had tumblr as a side thing for one reason or another. so, it's not like we have to try and move people off that atrocious site to here. mat's just going to have to deal with the slow exodus. but, if anyone here wanted, mat's the only admin there - so you could definitely go in and pm people who are fed up. hell, make more forum posts. it'll be hilarious to watch mat fail at stopping it.

#19 2017-02-24 04:06:55

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Nah, doing that would only get us banned. The first time or two is forgivable, but he'd probably ban someone who's essentially spamming his site. PMs might work.

Last edited by Diff (2017-02-24 04:07:28)

#20 2017-02-24 13:16:19

Deleted user #61

If you wanted to promote your site on HBP, you could always put a message under your name in the “online users” section. I’m sure just about everyone checks to see who is online every time they enter that site. At that time, everyone will see your website under your name. If someone misses it at first, they will see it eventually, because you will stand out among everyone else. The good thing is, you and your promotion disappear as soon as you logout.

Board footer