Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-06-06 03:41:06

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Highly controversial bookmark discussion

Most browsers have bookmarks.

Most browsers also have a bookmarks bar for all your bookmarks.

Do you use bookmarks?

How about the bookmarks bar?

For the past 20 years of my life I've been vehemently against bookmark bars in all their forms, and bookmarks were basically a graveyard of things I'd get back to and never did. But I turned my bookmark bar on for reasons and I could potentially see myself using this now.

#2 2017-06-06 10:56:27

inaheartbeat
No avatar found
Files: 4
PM

Re: Highly controversial bookmark discussion

Nope, never. I just leave the tab open :p

#3 2017-06-06 12:36:21

Diff
PM

And that's the boat I've been in since like forever but at this point I have several hundred tabs open and I'm not even looking at most of them. Seems like it'd be a better idea to move them into bookmarks if I'm just going to use the tabs as bookmarks in the first place.

#4 2017-06-06 13:09:05

shyboy1123
Files: 0
PM

I use them for just about everything.

#5 2017-06-07 00:25:30

HayaiShinzouNeko
Files: 2
PM

I usually quick dial sites I will frequently use, bookmark bar less frequent sites, and bookmark menu even less often used sites, and session manager save incidental sites I might want to come back to.

As for tabs, I may keep ones I am in the middle of browsing open, but due to memory creep I try and restart my browser every few days.

It's the ears, right? Everyone just loves the fuzzy ears! ~Nyao! X3

This user has chosen to protect their privacy by hiding their posts from non-members. To see everything Heart2Heart has to offer, you can register for a free account here!

#7 2017-06-11 16:45:38

nekoparfait
Files: 5
PM

It's handy for someone like me who's into online windowshopping, only to check back on the links to find out they've already been sold LOL
Nowadays, what I do is compile links in Google Docs, I find it more effective than letting the bookmarks get stuck sky high and make my browser uber slow!

ドキドキ

#8 2017-08-24 06:15:52

Diff
PM

StormDragon92 wrote:

I always usually keep maybe one or two tabs open at a time, but during the day when I'm busy, I have up to 6 at a time. YouTube is one I leave open 24/7. Mainly to have music on so I can sleep. :)

lol you need to learn how to live out of the moment

nekoparfait wrote:

It's handy for someone like me who's into online windowshopping, only to check back on the links to find out they've already been sold LOL
Nowadays, what I do is compile links in Google Docs, I find it more effective than letting the bookmarks get stuck sky high and make my browser uber slow!

that's an idea. idk about using google docs for that but it'd definitely be nice to have your whole collection of bookmarks accessible from wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection.

#9 2017-09-07 06:03:38

Diff
PM

How about something like Pocket? It's been getting on my nerves a little bit since it used to be bundled into Firefox but I recently tried it out and it's kind of nice. It's bookmarks, but like having your stuff in Google Docs its accessible from anywhere. And it has nice little previews and shows you the title of the page which Google Docs doesn't do.

Board footer