Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2017-09-20 20:34:50

bakerstbabe221
Files: 15
PM

Heat Exhaustion

It's an unusual 89 degrees here in Indiana in mid-September. I've had a bad afternoon trying to get home from my friend's place. Took a bus halfway. Went to transfer to the next bus but realized I lost my pass. Walked 45 minutes home with the sun beating down on me constantly. No water on hand. Hadn't eaten yet.
Every muscle begged me to give up. I was dizzy. Light-headed. Sweating like crazy. Nauseous. Weak. My heart rate was through the roof. I didn't have the energy to count it but I'm sure it was at least 180bpm. 76 is about average for me.
I've gotten some water and cooled down. But my heart's a bit on the thumpy side still. Skipping occasionally though not as irregular as it was during the initial cool down. If I had had someone to steth me today, I'm sure they would have been in for a real treat.

"I should have fitted you with a cardiograph." -Eurus Holmes, The Final Problem (4x03)

#2 2017-09-21 05:08:37

monkey
Files: 4
PM

Re: Heat Exhaustion

Be careful with that. I ended up in the hospital for heat exhaustion and dehydration about a year ago. Not fun.

#3 2017-10-09 11:30:49

paulmason24
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

monkey wrote:

Be careful with that. I ended up in the hospital for heat exhaustion and dehydration about a year ago. Not fun.

Same for me,collapsed and got carted off in an ambulance.
Only plus was I got an ecg and some very through Stething :)

Massive cardiofile, looking for a female to examine me.

#4 2017-10-11 01:08:45

Diff
Files: 139
PM

ecg sounds cool, not sure if dealing with heat exhaustion to the point of collapsing would be quite worth it though lol. Could just depend on your perspective though, if you just happen to be half dead from heat exhaustion an ecg would make a neat silver lining.

#5 2017-10-11 04:24:57

monkey
Files: 4
PM

Diff wrote:

ecg sounds cool, not sure if dealing with heat exhaustion to the point of collapsing would be quite worth it though lol. Could just depend on your perspective though, if you just happen to be half dead from heat exhaustion an ecg would make a neat silver lining.

Trust me. The whole experience pretty much sucked. Never want to do that again.

#6 2017-10-11 10:15:09

paulmason24
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Diff wrote:

No, I agree with you. I certainly wouldn't recommend it in any way. I spent a day and a half in hospital having tests and on a drip.
They were more worried as I have a murmur.
Warning to everyone, keep well hydrated in hot weather

Massive cardiofile, looking for a female to examine me.

Board footer