Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2018-07-26 16:23:22

nekoparfait
Files: 5
PM

Recent happening.

So, around the second week of June, I woke up having difficulty breathing, persistent coughing, and I can feel chest pains.

I think around 3 hours later I was sent to the hospital for a check uo...it was my first time to have a pulse oximeter used on me. It's a cute little device. I didn't get a good look at it but my heart rate seems to be around 84 something.

And then the result was in: my asthma have came back.

Then after that I was prescribed some medicine. One was administered via injection. The other was the nebulizer.  It was supposed to calm me down but I think it did something else.

It was kind of hard to ignore how fast and hard my heart was beating to the point that I strongly suggested to my mom that I have my heart checked too. So we put in a request for ecg.

The first time experience has gotten me a bit nervous, and the tiny electric currents felt uncomfortable XD.

The results came back with no anomalies found, but in the end I had to sit out and rest to calm my heart. It was no fun, being so hyperaware of it. And yea it kept me from sleeping lmao.

The end. Hope this narration wasnt too messy/hard to follow

ドキドキ

#2 2018-07-27 21:17:30

heartbeatheartbeat
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Re: Recent happening.

haha, I have a lot of trouble calming my heart. I would've been way above 84 bpm if my pulse was being taken.

Hope you're doing fine now!

#3 2018-07-28 21:40:53

monkey
Files: 4
PM

Re: Recent happening.

I got bronchitis bad once and they gave me a nebulizer. The medication in it (as well as all inhaled asthma meds) is a stimulant. That's why your heart was beating faster.  It's a normal side-effect of the medication. More than likely, your heart is just fine.

Board footer