Heart2Heart

Serving the cardiophile community since 2016.

You are not logged in.

There is a small ad here.
We'd love you forever if you would donate or whitelist our site/disable your adblocker.

#1 2018-08-07 07:51:04

thewyrdguy
Files: 42
PM Website

PSA: how my youtube video was taken down and then restored

My second youtube video was taken down on Sunday as “spammy”. It was unlisted, and I sent the link to just one person, so it obviously was the doings of youtube AI.

So I appealed again, but this time I took effort to spell my arguments. And fit them under 200 character limit of the appeal field! This is what I wrote:

Correctly described, narrowly targeted and wanted by many. Original (audio only) matirial. May look repetitive to the AI, but in our fetish niche every heartbeat is unique and valued. Please review.

(This is 198 characters). (Yes, I made a typo in “material”.)

And five minutes later I got this email:

Dear thewyrdguy:

Thank you for submitting your video appeal to YouTube. After further review, we’ve determined that your video doesn’t violate our Community Guidelines. Your video has been reinstated and your account is in good standing.

Sincerely,

— The YouTube Team

(my first strike is still in place, so I cannot livestream until September.)

So, folks, appeal! And try to fit some arguments in 200 characters!

#2 2018-08-07 13:39:15

JOELwindows7
Files: 1
PM Website

Re: PSA: how my youtube video was taken down and then restored

I think, it is best to avoid Tube for now. Not just you. the others as well.
Perhaps to use Meo, Motion, Tum, etc.

Founder of Perkedel Technologies
Share and Serve for Gratis, Open Source, and FULL VERSION!!!
linktr.ee/joelwindows7

#3 2018-08-07 14:32:32

Diff
Files: 139
PM

Shame things have to be so touch and go on YouTube but at least they were responsive this time.

#4 2018-08-07 20:53:06

thewyrdguy
Files: 42
PM Website

JOELwindows7 wrote:

I think, it is best to avoid Tube for now. Not just you. the others as well.
Perhaps to use Meo, Motion, Tum, etc.

I think it is best to to avoid services run by any companies, because companies are prone to economic and legal pressures, and to use distributed technologies a la BitTorrent instead.

But in this real world majority of cardiophile content is hosted on youtube. Therefore it is important to learn to cooperate with them.

#5 2018-08-08 00:02:05

kit_kat
No avatar found
Files: 0
PM

Wow this is helpful now but back 7/8 years ago YouTube was a pain to appeal anything. I went through numerous video flaggings and several deleted then reinstated channel changes. I ended up getting in a dispute with YouTube over it and they deleted my hb channel because I asked for it, well I asked for YouTube to unlink my google+ which resulted in people trying to add me on Facebook and all my other social media outlets but YouTube ended up deleting all my videos. I didn’t want to start from scratch again so I just left it alone. I’m glad your dispute was easily resolved though and it seems much easier to have a channel on YouTube now.

Don't even trip dawg

Board footer